Chapter 3

Once I grab my latte, I go straight for the elevator, deciding that I need to get as much work done as possible before my meeting with Mateo. I'm not sure what the meeting is about (and I'm going crazy trying to figure it out), I know that it is most likely about work. 

As the elevator doors open for my floor, I bump right into Hector, who is one of the other presidents of the company. He's an older man, in his late 50s, but the sweetest guy ever. His wife and him are always inviting the other presidents to family cookouts and parties, everyone usually attending them.

"Hey there kiddo, where you going in such a rush?" He says to me with a chuckle as we walk towards my cubicle. I'm lucky that I didn't spill the latte on him, or myself, because that would've been the worst.

"Ugh, my desk. Mateo wants to have a meeting with me at 11:00, but I'm not sure what it's about. So I want to get as much work done as possible prior to it," I say as I sit down at my desk, and start pulling out my laptop. Hector is standing in the doorway with a slight smile on his face. He's always so calm and relaxed, rarely stresses about anything work related. I hope I'm like him one day.

"Oh my, well I'm sure whatever it is, it's nothing bad. You're a phenomenal employee and he should have nothing to say about you." He says as he smiles at me, then walks out towards the lounge area. As my laptop boots up, I lean back in my chair, leaning my head back and taking a deep breath. Although today has not exactly gone as scheduled or planned, I don't want to get too stressed out. You know what? Hector's right, I am a great employee and whatever Mateo wants to talk about shouldn't be bad.

Just as my computer boots up, I receive an email from Christina about the next steps to take with the new investment. Before reading that though, I decide to go through my other emails from my coworkers -- seeing if there is anything immediate I need to get done. Once that's complete. I read through Christina's email.

Nothing in it is different from what I already knew about working towards the investment. I helped a small bit with our last one, so I kind of already have an idea of how it should play out. First I need to book a meeting with the company owner, making sure they are legit. Then set up meetings with factory owners and material shipper, get the material and products needed, and then start marketing. Marketing is usually the hardest part of these things, especially since they are smaller businesses with not much of a following. Not to mention that marketing is not my strongest skill. I'm better with the organizing meetings and setting things up.

I decide to dive right into my work; emailing the new investor about scheduling a meeting. Then I work on other work, researching different things. An hour and 15 minutes goes by before I realize that it's almost time for my meeting with Mateo. I take one deep breath before I gather my notepad and pen. Although I'm not sure what the meeting is about, I always like to take notes during meetings, and this is no different.

I decide to stop by Catalina's office before going, letting her know that I have a meeting with Mateo so I may be a tad bit late to lunch. She nods and smiles, wishing me good luck as I walk towards the elevator. Once I'm in the elevator, I press the button for floor 20. Our company owns the whole building, and the higher floor you have, the "more important" you are in the company. I never really go anywhere else other than the first floor and my floor. I've only ever been to the 20th floor twice -- the first time was my first day, I had an introductory tour. The second time was my promotion. As the elevator continues upward, I look at my watch, "10:55am", smiling to myself because I always prefer to be early rather than late.

As the elevator doors open, I make my way towards Mateo's office, which the door is currently closed. I take a seat next to his secretary, Gina, and let her know that I'm here for the meeting. Gina is a nice lady, she's one of the oldest employees of the company, being 58 years old, but a complete sweetheart. Although I have not spoken to her too much, anytime I have she has always been very helpful. Just as I look down at my watch, the door to Mateo's office opens up.

"Ms. Garcia, thank you for waiting. Come on in," He says to me as he motions inside. "Now or never," I think to myself as I step inside.

-

-

-

Author's note:

Hey there, hope you enjoyed the chapter!

It's a shorter chapter, sorry about that. Next one will be a lil longer -- I promise! Anyways, how do you think the meeting will go?

Thanks for continuing to read <3

xoxo,

Ashley