Chapter 3: The First Contact

———

International Waters, Hundreds of Miles East of the Kingdom of Reinburg

Griffith's Merchant Fleet

12:40 P.M.

The steel dragon up in the skies roars from the humans riding it, "I repeat, stop your ships immediately!"

"Fuck you!" One of the pirates has the tenacity to fire a magic projectile at the steel dragon.

The projectile launches toward the steel dragon, and it barely manages to escape its trajectory. It's hovering as if nothing had happened, although at a much further distance.

"The hell? It's agile as a wyvern itself?!" One of the pirates says in shock.

The captain looks to see which one of his foolish pirates had done it. "You fucking dumb wit!" He marches towards that pirate and grabs him by the collar. One of Griffith's men chuckled a bit. Barely audible by the pirates.

"You..." The captain expresses in a deep voice. The pirate, who was visibly shaking, "I'm sorry! Captain!" He puts his hands up as his eyes are shined up from the tears he's starting to pour.

The captain slams him down on the wooden boards of the flagship, knocking him out and gouging his eyes out. The captain looks at one of his pirates, terrifying him, "Stop our ships."

"Yes, captain!" The pirate relays his orders to the rest of the privateers.

The captain walks toward Griffith, "How about we comply with the 'United States Navy?' They have way more ships than both of us combined." He glances back at the weird ships with no sails.

Griffith was reluctant to join him in accepting the demand of this weird nation that had no significance to him at all. However, he must agree with the sight of the gray warships of unknown designs on the horizon. Griffith was also curious about the captain's motives.

Both sides lowered their weapons against each other. But the air is filled with intensity and hatred for one another. Even Griffith's crew is not allowed to interact with the princess, who is still under the hostage of Captain Wynfir. The sounds of the steel dragon's fast flutters still dominate the three ships.

"Captain Wynfir, should another deal be possible?" Griffith begrudgingly asks the captain, who's still on the quarter-deck, overlooking the rest of the flagship, for any betrayals that may happen again.

Wynfir raises his eyebrows, "How can I be sure you wouldn't break this deal again?"

"Instead of word of mouth, we'll do it with our crewmates." Griffith knows he has barely enough time to transfer all of his crew before the 'United States Navy' catches up to them. With their gray ships going so fast, he assumes the minimum time.

After a few moments of discussing...

The captain nods with a stern look, "Mhm. Sounds good."

The two ships that are sailing aside from Griffith's flagship lay down bridges of planks, allowing people to cross from one to another. The level of oversight is so much that one pirate freaked out and ran to the ship under the pirates' control.

After a while, Griffith and Wynfir had their own ships to themselves, with the flagship being contested.

"The princess," Griffith says to the captain.

"Yes, yes! We will hand her to you." The captain is annoyed by the pestering of his hostage.

"S̶̱̯̦͆͋̕m̶̢̪̜̒͋ȍ̵̫͙k̵̢̯̍̈ḙ̷̮̑͋̓ ̸̫͕̥̽͛F̶̳͎͖̒̄̂į̴̜̜͒e̴̛̼̊l̴̘̾d̷̻̩̰͂͘," One of the pirates said an incantation.