Chapter 136

betrayal.

how does one even begin to describe that feeling?

the knife that was plunged into your back hurt. it stung so bad. it was like a string of skin on your finger next to your finger nail. it hurt so bad.

tried to pull it? it hurt even more.

you had to let it sit.

you had to let the feeling of betrayal sink into your body.

there was nothing you could do about it. vows were said, rings were placed on fingers, 'i do's' were said and done, your dad and emiko were off to the reception along with everyone else, it was done. it was over. there was nothing you could do now. you lost.

powerless, to change your fate.

but betrayal wasn't something only you felt. it was pooling around in your dad's stomach as well. no one did him dirty like he did you he knew that. he felt betrayed at himself.

how did he let things go to such shit?

he hadn't realized that he hadn't really wanted to go through with the wedding. it took until he saw everything and even emiko himself, to realize that he wasn't ready for that. he was blinded by whatever feeling emiko gave him.

not knowing that the one katsumi gave him brought him back to his senses.

to see her walk down the aisle, one that he watched katsumi walk down, to see her standing in the spot katsumi once stood in, to hear her say words katsumi used to say, to hear himself say things he never thought he'd say to anyone else but katsumi.

to see you standing there. attending his very own wedding as his 16 year old daughter, not being made in the stomach of katsumi.

it set him back.

dad she's a damn villain!

i just wanted you to listen.

'you really are just like your mother..' he sat alone in a vacant room. the reception was hot right now. guests were roaring with laughter and conversation, drinks were being passed around, music was blasting, the party was in full swing.

what happened to mom happened to her. whatever's happening to me can be different!

'always looking at every possible outcome... to see you come out just like her, i feel proud as a dad. she truly was admirable, hero or not, and now you're going down the same path.'

of course he can see where you're coming from. stripped of memory, concealed into one room until teenage years, experiencing weird things along with past events barely scraping your memories that you're just now vying to know, satoshi understood that.

he understood a lot more than you did.

"satoshi?" a knock was heard on the door. it made the scientist inside flinch, only half awake half asleep at his desk. "it's me, toshinori.'

with a sigh, satoshi rubbed his dark-circled eyes. "come in. it's open." he said as he shuffled numerous papers on his desk.

the door creaked open and in stepped the man himself. he took sight of the white room illuminated with more white lights. tiled floors that were as shiny as the most prestige diamond money could buy, white walls filled with papers, pictures, and anything that could ever be placed on a wall. white tables were placed along the walls, papers and different tools scattered on all of them. hydrogen peroxide bottles, first aid, scalpels, needles, any piece of doctor or science equipment like clipboards, test tubes, beakers, periodic tables, tweezers, you name it.