One Shot: Severus Snape's Memories

Introduction:
Harry Potter sees Severus Snape's memories through the Pensieve. What he sees surprises him.

This is a request from @cryingspider. Thank you for your request!

It's set between the chapters "End of Year 7" and "Three Months Later". It's in Harry Potter's POV.

I hope you enjoy!

Published: 6/9/2022
———————————————

Author's note:
I'm so sorry for the delay! I have been so tired ever since my last exam. I even slept for twelve hours after that😅 I hope it's worth the wait!
———————————————

Word count:1.5k
Warning: Age gap, teacher-student relationship (Y/N is 18 years old) and mentions of death

Harry Potter is running fast. He's running towards the Headmaster's office. The Boy Who Lived is on a mission - to see whatever his former Potions Master, Severus Snape, wanted him to see.

He gave the boy one of his tears so he could see his memories. Harry has a feeling the memories are important, which is why he must hurry up. They might contain important information that can help them kill Voldemort once and for all.

As he mutters the password, he runs up the stairs once the door opens. When he enters the office, he's panting from exhaustion. However, there's no time to waste.

He finds the Pensieve and takes out the small vial containing Snape's tear. He tilts the vial and empties it before putting his head inside the Pensieve.

At first, everything is dark until it suddenly shows something. It shows a young girl with red hair and green eyes... Harry realises that it's his mother.

There's a boy there as well - it's Snape. Harry widens his eyes in realisation - Snape was friends with his mother.

It then shows Snape begging Dumbledore to keep the Potter's safe before showing the night when Harry's parents died.

When Snape looks at Harry's father before quickly moving on, the boy can't help but wonder what he was thinking. He remembers that his father and Sirius bullied him when they went to Hogwarts.

He feels disgusted and disappointed with his father as he replays the memory in his head.

When Snape finds Lily Potter's dead body, he looks shocked with a pained expression. He hugs her tightly, crying. Harry can tell he cared a lot about his mother.

The scene suddenly changes. It's Dumbledore and Snape. The former Headmaster is telling Snape that he's dying from a curse. He's telling him to kill him when the time comes.

That shocks Harry - Dumbledore told him to kill him? So Snape didn't do it because he wanted to, didn't do it because he was one of the Death Eaters. But simply because the Headmaster told him so?

Harry can't help but feel bad. When he yelled at Snape for killing Dumbledore, he truly thought he had killed him in cold blood. He can't help but think what the former Potions Master was thinking when he said that to him...

Dumbledore suddenly tells Snape something else, something very important.

Harry has to die. A part of Voldemort's soul is inside him.

The boy gulps. He has to die... He has to die in order to save everyone he loves.

The boy is feeling determined. Voldemort wants to meet him in the Forbidden Forest tonight. He must go there, otherwise they won't be able to kill him.

As he thinks the memories are about to end, a new one shows up.

It seems a bit random, almost like he wasn't supposed to see this. Perhaps Snape accidentally included this memory.