CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

"I didn't mean to hurt him

"I didn't mean to hurt him." Olivia sighs into her hands, her breath shakey. "The last person I've ever wanted to hurt was Paul."

"I know." Emily takes a seat next to the girl, her face set with sympathy.

"You know-um." Olivia pauses. "There was a point where I thought Paul was my world. I was still a little naive girl and I'd have fever dreams of growing up and getting married to him."

"If you don't mind me asking... what happened?" Emily questions, handing the girl a cup of water. "Sam had mentioned you two were conjoined at the hip at one point."

Olivia starts fiddling with her fingers again. "I convinced myself that it was never going to happen, that he didn't see me that way. The next time I had gone back to Phoenix the next time I would have come back was longer than it usually was and, I met a boy. A man." Olivia scoffs at the thought of him being a little boy.

Emily stares, the girl completely having her focus. None of the wolves had ever known even the slightest bit of what changed her so badly. So even hearing the smallest of details makes Emily eager.

"He absolutely destroyed me." Olivia whispers. "I didn't want to live, and all I wanted was for Paul to save me."

Emily frowns sadly, they were still just kids.

"But he never came." Olivia bitterly smiles. "And no part of me blames him for that. I know it's my fault. I refused to come back to Forks. I didn't want my dad or Paul to see me this way. So... Damaged."

"You're not damaged Olivia." Emily tries to assure her and places a hand on her arm.

Olivia sends her a tight smile knowing she doesn't believe her. "You know, Wolves and vampires don't scare me. There are far bigger monsters in the world hiding in every corner."

"Jasper..." Emily notices her flinch when she says his name. "Is that who... Oh, Olivia."

"He was like Paul." She chokes out. "He promised me I wasn't too broken. He promised to protect me... and then he left. And it's not the same this time... I can't block everyone out and pretend like nothing matters. He made me care and then he left me."

Emily pulls her towards the sofa and lays Olivia's head on her chest as she cries like a mother would.

Paul approaches the house exhausted almost an hour after rushing out, upset with himself that he couldn't control himself again. Even thinking about it again gets him up worked up. What if she had never left Forks? Would things had been different?

He hears his imprints soft sniffles in the house and looks towards Sam and Jared for guidance. They both pat him on the shoulder and head towards the shed to give them some privacy.

He slowly walks in and his heart breaks in two as he stands in the doorway watching Olivia cry into Emily's chest.

Quietly he walks toward the two and looks to Emily for permission, once she's nodded her head he slowly lifts the girl away from Emily and into his own arms bridal style. Olivia lifts her hollow face. "Paul?"

He holds onto her tighter, bringing her into the second room of the house and onto the bed with him. "No one will ever be able to hurt you again Liv." He whispers into her hair.

She buries her head into his neck. "I'm sorry Paul."

"You have nothing to apologize for." He promises. He grabs her shaking hands and holds them against his warm naked chest. "You should really get this checked out, Liv."

She sighs. "It's nothing."

He wants to push the matter, especially after seeing the black bags under her eyes and feeling nothing but bones laying on top of his body but he sees how tired she is. "We should get you home, Charlie must be worried."

Olivia looks out the window and gasps as she sees it's now pitch black out. Hopping up she rushes him out. "Shoot! I gotta go!"

"Olivia wait!" Paul chuckles as he sits himself up. "You can not drive yourself home."

"I drove myself here." She protests.

Sam appears in the doorway with a sleepy Emily by his side. "Paul can drive the truck back to your house."

"Yes my trash can is yelling at us to not let you kill anymore of its kind." Emily adds in.

Olivia blushes. "But how will you get home?"

Paul flexes his muscles with a playful smirk. "I'm a wolf, Liv. I'll survive."

Olivia rolls her eyes in amusement and wishes Sam and Emily a goodnight.

"God damnit, Olivia." Charlie rushes out of the house as soon as the truck pulls up. The man looked half asleep. He had stayed up for hours after getting home when he realized that Bella hadn't taken the truck and Olivia was gone. He pulls Olivia into his arms but then pulls away in confusion when he realizes she came out of the passenger seat.

When the drivers door shuts Charlie's eyes widen at the sight of Paul. "You own a shirt, son?"

Paul nervously scratches the back of his head. "I'm sorry sir, Olivia showing up wasn't really what I expected for tonight."

"Hmph." Charlie grumbles. "What the hell are you doing driving the truck anyway, Liv? You don't even have a license, I'm the chief of police for Christ sake."

Olivia looks bashful as she sends him an innocent smile. "Sorry? You told me to go make amends!"

"That's not what I-" Charlie sighs. "Just go in the house."

Olivia smirks at Paul and enters the house to get another restless night of sleep.

"Liv?" Bella tries to shake Olivia awake. Olivia stirs, blinking her eyes to adjust to the light and sighs.

"W-what Bella?" Olivia slowly sits up. "What is it?"

She looks out the window and see's it was pouring rain. Bella sighs to herself looking restless. "Somethings wrong with Jacob, his dad said he had mono but it's been weeks and I still can't see him."

Olivia runs a hand through her hair. "So what do you wanna do about it, Bella?"

"Will you come with me?" She desperately question. "I need to see him."

Olivia sighs to herself but knows that after Edward left, she couldn't afford to lose Jacob too.

It was how she felt about Paul.

The pack had told her that Jacob would be shifting soon, they were all a bit on edge about it, including Paul. Jacob wasn't one to be obedient but she didn't think he was fit enough to be an alpha. Everything would revolve around Bella or his needs.

Olivia thought Jacob was a sweet and amazing person. But, he was unconsciously selfish. Putting others needs above his own was never one of his strong suits.

When Olivia went radio silent Paul was upset, he just wanted her back regardless of what happened to her.

But when it came to Jacob he was angry, angry at her for being able to cut everyone off. He thought he was entitled to know what happened to her.

She had a feeling he had phased in the past couple of days and now that he knew about the vampires he was probably more angry than ever. She hadn't spoken to Paul in a few days so she knows he's been busy.

'Let's hope this doesn't go as terribly as I think it's going to.' Olivia thinks to herself.

A/N: HI GUYS IM GOING TO BE GOING THROUGH ALL THE CHAPTERS AND EDITING/ADDING ONTO THE CHAPTERS SOON