47.

Her leg wouldn't stop bouncing and She couldn't stop chewing her nails.

Sitting in the kitchen of Arthur and Linda's house, Bella couldn't stop thinking about what was going on at the Arrow House.

Still she didn't regret telling Tommy to have Tatiana stay, it needed to be done. But right now it felt hard to separate business from pleasure.

Linda wanted the honor of putting Charlie to sleep tonight, as she was looking forward to being a mother herself. So she was upstairs, leaving Bella alone with her thoughts.

Arthur noticed her anxiousness, he saw it as soon as he stepped back down stairs. Knowing he wasn't the best of comfort, he still wanted to offer something.

Her gazed stayed out the window, looking into the dark night. As Arthur made his way to the counter, pouring her a glass of whiskey.

Sliding it across the table, it landed in front of her. That's when she moved her gaze, taking a sip as he sat across from her.

"Thank you" she whispered

Arthur nodded with a sigh. He knew what was on her mind, and wanted to offer some reassurance, just has she had done for him so many times before
"I know me brother. And I know he wouldn't do anything with that woman because I know that he loves you."

Bella watched the liquid in the cup. "I trust him. That's not what I'm anxious about."

Arthur was confused now, but Bella continued before he could ask

Looking up at him "what if I asked too much from him? He never would've asked me to do this."

Letting out a short laugh "yeah love, Tom never would've asked this of you. BUT that is because I think he'd tear half of Birmingham apart if you were spending the night with another man"

This didn't help ease her mind at all. Putting the glass down and dropping her head into her hands, whining. Starting to regret pushing Tommy to do this.

Realizing his mistake. Arthur sighed, reaching out to pull her hands away from her face.
"Don't mean it like that, love...-" she looked up at him then with a sad look in her eyes.
"-look you and me brother think the same way. What you asked him to do is something he would've asked any one of us to do. He admires the way you think and the way you can handle business."

Staring back at the eldest Shelby Brother, glad to have someone like him in her life. Although at times he can be a bit off the rails, he was always genuine.

"You really think so?" She wanted to confirm

"Course, now why don't you head to bed, we have to meet Tom at Watery Lane bright and early." He said hitting the table as emphasis

Bella smiled, standing up making her way around the table to give Arthur a side hug.
"Thank you, Arth. Glad to have you in me life."

Patting her hand "ya ya, glad to have you too."

*****

Tommy has hated every minute of this night.

He laid in the bed, back against the head board, as Tatiana sat down by his feet.

He let her undress him down to his boxers, but wouldn't let it go any further. Claiming he needed a cigarette.

She looked around the room, waiting as he smoked, only in her under garments as well.
"This is not your bedroom. This is not where you slept with her." She stated

Inhaling, looking back up at her to see she was waiting for a response.
Of course he wouldn't bring this woman to his bedroom. He took her to one of the guest rooms. That bedroom was now only for him and Bella. Their peace.
And he won't let this woman ruin their peace.