38. You won't be missed

"Mark dear what on Earth-" Yuta freezes as he watches Mark from the edge of the door.

"God fucking dammit," Mark spits as he lays punch after punch to the man's face. "What the fuck is wrong with you?!" He grits his teeth but the man was clearly unable to respond. His face was unrecognisable—just a mashed-up pile of flesh and blood. A few moments later, Mark stops, breathing heavily. His breaths halt and his head jerks to face Yuta, making direct eye contact. The sudden eye contact caused Yuta's heart to skip a beat. The rage in his eyes was so frightening.

Yuta smiles. "Feel better?" He asks and Mark stands up, not responding. "You alright dear?" He asks again, a little worried about Mark's next move. From the look he was giving Yuta, it almost seemed as though he was about to pounce on Yuta like a feral animal.

Mark looks down at the body on the ground and sighs before walking in Yuta's direction. Yuta felt his heart pound as Mark moved closer. Mark stops in front of him and looks at him before walking past him. He must be heading back home.

Yuta takes a deep breath, looking at the body before looking at Mark. Yuta was slightly pissed off that he'd done it in the street but luckily a majority of these houses were abandoned and he could clean up with no hassle.

-----

As soon as he was done, he headed back into the house. "Mark~" He calls out but receives no answer. He lets out a sigh, he may be asleep. Yuta walks silently up the stairs and to his room. He opens the door and suddenly he's greeted by a knife to his throat. His heart rate shot up faster than a rocket, and his cheeks flushed.

"You're daring today~ what happened?" Yuta smirks, almost melting into Mark, who stares at him with stone-cold eyes. Mark didn't speak. He didn't move. Nothing. Yuta was genuinely confused. Why was Mark acting this way? He was fine less than 2 hours ago but emotions switch when exposed to certain situations. Especially Mark's emotions. Something must've happened. Maybe the man he brutally murdered was the reason.

"Are you okay darling?" He asks. "Did something happen?"

No response.

Had Yuta done something?

To Yuta's knowledge, he'd done absolutely nothing wrong but that was just Yuta's opinion on it; He needed Mark's opinion but it seemed he wouldn't get it any time soon.

Yuta moves away from Mark, tilting his head in confusion. Usually, he'd be able to tell what was up with Mark but today... he didn't know. It scared him a bit, not knowing. It could be anything. Which was scary. Maybe he was pissed off because of the man, maybe it was Yuta, maybe it was... something he'd failed to do something. Yuta couldn't think of any specifics or anything that had happened in the past few days to cause his anger. Maybe he had a bad dream? But this morning he was smiling...

Mark sighs, rolling his eyes. "You're acting like a fucking idiot" He spits and Yuta was taken aback by that comment. "I- wh- how? what have I done?" He asks softly. "You never act like this," He crosses his arms. "Where've you been going all this time?" Mark questions and Yuta scoffs. "I get hired to kill people Mark, it's not like I'm invisible, not everyone is a dumb fuck like you and can tell when I'm there so it takes time to kill people" Yuta retorts and Mark shakes his head. "You must really think I'm stupid?" He laughs at Yuta who furrows his brows. "Yeah, okay, so if you're really going on missions and killing a crowd, then why the fuck can I smell women's perfume all over you? why isn't it the smell of death like usual? you never wear clothes like that if you're going on a mission because they're your nice clothes- don't fucking lie to me, Yuta" Mark spits and Yuta rolls his eyes.

Oh.

He noticed.

"Okay? it's not like I can't hook up with a girl? what did you think we're married or something because we have rings?" Yuta snickers and he watches Mark's face pale. "That ring is just to prove you are my prey, you're my toy, mine to play with, it's nothing serious" Yuta scoffs and Mark slaps him before storming off. Oops... he must've caught feelings.