021 :: BETTER.

RUNAWAY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE...!

!

❝ BETTER , SEASON SEVEN ❞

❝ BETTER , SEASON
SEVEN ❞

THE THING IS, Jennie never really loved airports.

Which was pretty ironic, considering she would find herself in one at least twice a month, after flying to and from Quantico to visit from college. But really— she never was fond of them. With people running around around her in hurries, to the endless announcements on the overhead speakers, she grew to become annoyed at the chaotic mess of airports.

But, this time, when she spent her time waiting in lounge, while skyping her dad, she was a little less annoyed.

"And then— she marks off points on my exam for not showing my work." Jennie ranted to her father about one of her professors, popping a skittle in her mouth, "Like— if she can't see how I got my answer, maybe she just shouldn't be a college professor."

Her father chuckled, "Maybe."

"Anyways," Jennie switched the topic of the conversation to something about how the task force he was assisting, in Pakistan, was going, "How's it over there, in the desert?"

"Hot."

Jennie chuckled, popping another candy in her mouth, "Figured."

"So, Jessica took Jack to Hershey Park for the weekend. Are you going to be okay by yourself at home?"

"Yeah, I'll be fine. I'll probably just be hanging around the team anyways." The girl told him, "What did Jack think of the beard?"

"Not a fan. Said it made me look like Scar from Lion King."

Jennie laughed, throwing her head back, "He's not totally off."

"Yeah, okay." He rolled his eyes at his daughter, but had a small smile on his lips, "Listen, I have to get back on the field soon. But, text me when you land, okay? I'll call you as soon as I finish."