2| Strangers

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Strangers

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 2: Strangers (Christian's POV)

"Welcome to The Bookmark, how may I help you, sir?" 

"Natalie Davidson's office. Where is it?" I asked, lifting a brow. 

"Do you have an appointment to see Ms. Natalie?"

"Nina!" someone scolded from a distance. My eyes followed the voice and landed upon a woman, who I could only assume was Natalie Davidson. She made her way over to me and extended a hand. "I'm Natalie. You're Mr. Christian Lukov, I assume." 

"I am," I nodded once, shaking her hand. 

"It's nice to meet you," she smiled, "we can head up to my office for the meeting. Please excuse my staff, not everyone was aware you'd be here today. I hear you don't like the limelight." 

I fell into step beside her silently as she gestured for me to follow her. "I don't believe my business is one that requires too much of the limelight, Ms. Davidson," I replied. 

"Very true, Mr. Lukov," she laughed softly. "Thank you for dropping by today, I appreciate it. I thought it would be better if we met ourselves instead of through an agent from your company. It's better for appearances, wouldn't you agree?" 

"Occasionally," I replied, both of us stepping into the elevator that began ascending to the top floor. "I hear you're interested in relocating," I said, glancing at my watch. 

"I am. Hopefully, as soon as possible. It's become rather difficult to manage our firm within the small space we have in this building." 

"What are you searching for instead?" I looked at her. 

She turned to me. "A whole building." 

I lifted a brow. "For a publishing firm?" 

"Correct me if I'm wrong, Mr. Lukov, but it was you who got my brother that building for New Beginnings, wasn't it?" 

"I'm afraid I can't disclose information about clients, Ms. Davidson," I responded. 

She nodded, watching me with eyes that narrowed a sliver. "Understood." 

I take it we won't be liking each other very much. 

The elevator opened with a ding and I followed her out, taking a look around as I did. The office was terribly boring with plain white walls and typical white cabinets and shelves stationed against the walls. The main room was like every other office room with desks scattered around and employees shuffling around, panicking. 

"I see you've already told your employees to start packing," I mused. 

"Well, I'm determined to strike a deal with you, sir," she smiled at me over her shoulder before stopping at the first door to the left and strolling in. "Would you like anything? Tea or coffee?"