~For ever and always~

Monday the 25th of November, 201901:12PM

01:12PM

"I think I'll have to sit down for this Marley" I mumbled to the dog, letting out a small laugh as I sat down on the couch. I kicked off my shoes and pulled them under me, I also grabbed a cushion and rested it on my lap before opening the journal.

14th of November, 1986

Dear my unborn daughter, we just found out

You were a surprise. Life tends to bundle the best moments that way, I'll tell you more about that later.

A tiny flutter on the surface, I could barely feel you after the first couple times, I inconveniently told your mother that I felt something. She sees right through me, you'll see that later too. I write this to you, embraced by the warmth of her as she looks over each picture of how we came to find out you exist, for more than a couple times

Your beautiful and I already love you. You'll get tired of hearing that, I'm sure. But I'm stubborn to a fault and I won't care how embarrassed you'll get. I'll stain your eyes with the beauty of life, starting with us. So that no matter when you catch your reflection, you'll see the colours of my heart painted onto your soul and so whenever anyone tries to hold your heart, they'll be warned that I was there first and I intend to find things as I left it, or else.

Look towards your mother and see the wonderful woman you can be. Be careful of the two birds in the bush because people have a tendency of blinking and missing the moments that could have changed everything. Don't be afraid to take a leap of faith because you can't fall if there's a bottom, we'll always catch you, that's how you learn to fly.

Your mother taught me two important things in this world, sharing a toothbrush is gross land that to love fully, you have to love yourself completely because you can't give someone's home with rooms locked inside.

You have parents that love you. You have sisters that will fill you with laughter until you burst into tears. You have grandparents that will teach you about the difference between wisdom and knowledge, that love transcends languages, that god does exist and lives in you, and that impartial love has nothing to do with blood.

Love you for ever and always,
Your Dad,

I was one page in and I was already tearing up. Another diary entry that stuck out to me was my eleventh birthday. It was also the two year anniversary of my parents divorced. Since they got divorced I saw a lot less of my dad because I lived with my mum. But he always went out of his way and tried his hardest to see me and spend time with me.

18th of may 1998,

My dearest tulip,

You are eleven years old today and are about to embark upon the second ten years of a wonderful life