(61) The Parent-Teacher Meeting Is Coming Up

As the young man in the house was about to graduate, his class teacher announced parent-teacher meetings.

As the examinations came closer, the teachers were very anxious as well. They have been teaching these students for six years, and now was the time to see the outcome. 

As much as the children’s progress in their schoolwork were monitored by the teachers at school, the cooperation of the parents was still very important.

Soon, it would be the day of the parent-teacher meetings.

Meng Yuran walked out of his school, accurately located the white Bently, and got inside the passenger seat.

“You didn’t pick up Shanshan today?”

The child seat in the passenger seat was gone, along with the little girl who should be sitting there.

Lin Yiyi had already started the car and was driving toward the direction to go home, “Your grandma had picked up Shanshan from the kindergarten earlier today. She said she was meeting up with some friends for dinner and wanted to bring her granddaughter there to show off.”

Meng Yuran was already 13 years old. Kids that age were always awkward and didn’t like to spend time with the adults, especially when they were asked to hang out with a group of older women. 

As far as he was concerned, it was much more pleasant to stay home and read.

Luckily, Ms. Lin Ping still has a 6-year-old granddaughter.

The young man nodded.

He looked outside the car window and casually said, “The parent-teacher meeting is coming up.”

As soon as he finished saying that, he added nonchalantly, “But that’s okay. I know you’ve been busy with your own things lately. Housekeeper Zhang could go for you.”

What was he talking about…

Lin Yiyi paused for a second.

The original owner didn’t care enough about her own children to have attended any parent-child activities or any parent-teacher meetings in the past.

Ms. Lin Ping would go in her place when she happened to be in town. Unfortunately, she stayed overseas most of the time and could not always be back for them. During those times, the duties would mostly fall on Housekeeper Zhang or Aunt Chen.

He was a little bit hopeful deep down inside, but he had been disappointed only too many times in the past. So if he was disappointed one more time, he would still be… fine?

The young man’s look was deep. It was difficult to tell what he was thinking about…

Until someone grabbed his hand.

One of Lin Yiyi’s hand was still on the steering wheel, but the other one was holding Meng Yuran’s. She held his hand inside of hers

She was looking straight at the road, but she could still feel the intense look from the boy. 

“How could I not attend my own son’s parent-teacher meeting?”

She said in a tender voice, “With the exception of grandma and grandpa, you and Shanshan are the people closest to me. Mom didn’t care enough about the two of you in the past. I am sorry about that. But that will change from now on.”

Meng Yuran looked at the woman sitting next to him.

Her side profile was especially pretty. Her skin was of a light tone, and her cheeks slightly flustered.

He had never found her so pretty before.

“Whatever.” He said in a low voice as he turned away.

Except that, from the reflection on the car window, the curvature of his lips gave away the fact that he was in a good mood.