84

"Albono," Daniella excitedly greeted the Williams driver when she saw him at the paddock of Baku.

"Why do you look sick?" Alex asked as he went to hug her.

"Because I am sick," Daniella replied and stopped Alex from hugging her, not wanting him to get sick as well.

"Huh! U just saw Max and he is also sick," Alex wondered out loud. "What a coincidence.."

"Oh no," Daniella pretended like it was new knowledge for her. "Poor guy. Anyway...excited to race again?"

"Yeah," Alex smiled and nodded. He felt bad for Nicolas Latifi but was grateful that he got his spot in Williams and George as his teammate. "And I won't have to recreate crashes on the sim anymore."

***

Daniella froze when she stepped inside the media room and Carlos was sitting in one of the five chairs for the drivers. She didn't have any sort of interaction with him since he kissed her at the club after the Monaco Grand Prix two weeks ago.

Carlos looked to his side and their eyes met. Daniella immediately looked away and her heart started beating faster. She has no idea what to do or say, but figured it's best to ignore him.

The Ferrari driver stood up and was about to approach her but was interrupted by Mick for which Daniella was grateful.

"Heard you are sick," Mick politely said as he handed Daniella the coffee he got her, knowing she would need it.

"You are an angel, Mick," Daniella smiled as they went and took their seats, Carlos unable to look away from her. He was disappointed when Daniella made Mick sit next to him and she took the seat on the other side of Mick.

"So how did you get sick?" Mick asked. The reporters are gathering and within a few minutes, the conference will start.

"You can blame the rain for that," Daniella groaned before sipping her coffee.

George entered the room and glared at Daniella before taking his seat.

Soon the media conference started and the reporters threw questions at the drivers.

***

"Daniella, wait," Carlos said as he rushed after her as soon as the conference ended.

Daniella tried to ignore him but he soon caught up and pulled her behind a Ferrari motorhome, taking her by surprise.

"What are you doing?" She said angrily as she freed her hand from his grip.

She tried to leave but Carlos blocked her way, determined to not let her go before he explained himself.

"Carlos, move out of the way, or else I will punch you," Daniella threatened the Ferrari driver.

Carlos took a step back for his own safety but didn't clear the path for Daniella.

"Please listen to me," He begged. "And then you don't have to speak with me again."

Daniella thought for a few seconds and decided to give him a chance.

"Fine," She said harshly. "You have two minutes."

"Thank you," Carlos let out a deep breath of relief.

"One minute fifty-seven seconds," Daniella started the countdown, making Carlos not waste her time.

"I am sorry," He apologized and sounded sincere. "The way I acted at the club...I shouldn't have kissed you or said those words," He added as Daniella listened. "I am not like that and... but I saw you with Max and... I like you, I like you a lot, no.. I love you and I got so jealous and lost control."

Daniella was silent for a few seconds taking in his words.

"Okay," She said, her face expressionless as she tried to walk away.

"Wait... you are not going to say anything else?" Carlos stopped her, he was not expressing this sort of reaction, or in this case lack of it.

"You only asked me to listen," Daniella replied.

Carlos huffed, feeling defeated, and stepped aside, letting her go. He turned around and watched as Daniella took her steps away from him.

"You know he cheated on you, right? In Miami," Carlos said, a hint of anger in his voice, making Daniella halt immediately as he walked towards her.

"No he didn't," Daniella said, feeling Carlos' presence behind her. "I trust him."

"Have you ever wondered why he was not at the party that night? The night I had to take you back to the hotel?" Carlos asked as a small smirk played on his face but Daniella could see as her back was turned to him.

"If he was a decent boyfriend he would have ran after you, trying to..."

"Stop it!" Daniella snapped as she turned around, coming face to face with Carlos and they were only inches away from each other.

"Ask him where he was that night," Carlos said, his tone was challenging. "I am sure you know him well enough to figure out if he is lying or not."

"You are the one who is lying," Daniella said through her gritted teeth.

"Then ask Max and prove me wrong," Carlos gave her a small smirk.

He was supposed to apologize and get her to forgive him but instead, he ended up planting doubts in her mind, a tactic he didn't think he was going to use.

Daniella glared at him, she wanted to say something but stopped herself and walked away, a small doubt weighing in her mind.

**********

A/N: Who else loves Carlos right now? 🌶😏 

Thoughts on what Carlos did or said to Daniella? Do you think he was telling the truth? 

What do you think Dani should do now? 

What do you think will happen next? 

I posted a new AU TOXIC HEART. The first chapter is posted, please check it out.