Twelve: Marie

"H-how can this be?!" Jeanne alter cried as she watched her warriors fade.

"Fujimaru," Aleksei moved towards the other master. "Give me your hand please."

"Uh," He blinked. "Okay.." Putting his hand into the Russian's extended one, it took less than a second for him to feel his mana reserves being filled to the brim. "What the--?!"

"I want you and Mash to fight with the avenger for a bit..." He paused as he felt a new presence, and then a glass rose suddenly appeared.

"What?"

"What?" The two parties looked confused.

"It's not elegant. Neither is this city. Neither is that combat style. I don't like your philosophy or principles either. You're so beautiful, yet you shroud yourself in blood and hatred. For good or for evil, shouldn't a human try to be more free?"

"Another servant?" The avenger raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, that's right!" A young girl appeared, wearing a short pink dress and a headdress that looked like a mushroom top. "I'm so happy. This is what it means to announce oneself as a hero of justice!"

"Another hero complex, it seems," Aleksei grumbled with a disamused expression on his face. "Hero complexes in servants are the absolute worst, even avengers are better than them."

"Oh yeah?" Fujimaru made a face. "How would you know?"

"I had a conversation with one; it was an experience I really do not wish to have again," He replied curtly.

"I know who you are," The servant didn't seem to have heard their conversation as she continued speaking to Jeanne's alter. "I also know how powerful and terrifying you are. To be honest," She blushed in what most assumed to be embarrassment. "I have to confess that I've never trambled in fear more before anyone else. Yet still," The blush faded as her passion reignited. "If you intend to invade this nation, then I shall face you even if I have to tear apart my dress."

"Please don't."

"Don't worry!" She beamed over at the group. "I'm confident that I won't go down without a fight."

"Marie, you have got to stop," Aleksei facepalmed. "Threatening nudity is just not okay."

"Oh my, so you know my true name," She looked pleasantly surprised. "Are you a ruler?"

"No, this one is," He gestured with his thumb to Jeanne. "Useless though she may be."

"....I'm sorry." She bit her lip.

"Goodness, you're so harsh," Marie giggled slightly.

"Master, she's trying to get away!" Mash suddenly yelled, drawing everyone's attention to the avenger.

"Tch," She sneered as her retreat was thwarted. "We should have brought Gilles with us, I knew we should have."

"You!" Marie called out, gaining the alter's attention. "Dragon Witch who's torching my country. It might be pointless, but I will ask you anyway: Are you evil enough to perform your wicked deeds in my very presence? Will you declare yourself a greater fool than I, the queen who failed to stop the revolution?"

"Silence," Jeanne Alter scoffed. "You lack the right to participate in this battle."

"Oh?" Marie didn't seem surprised. "And why is that?"

"You led a life of luxury in a palace," the avenger growled. "And died without even knowing what happened. Are you saying you can understand our hatred?"

"Hmmm," She hummed. "I suppose I can't. But that just makes me want to know more. Dragon Witch," she addressed.

"What?"

"What I don't know," The girl smiled. "I learn. That's my policy. That's why I can't bear to look at you like this. Oh, Jeanne d'Arc, beloved saint! All I know is that you're taking your rage out on the innocent, and I've not the slightest idea why," She looked sad. "Everything's disappearing into a haze, like a girl going for a Sunday walk," Suddenly, Marie's expression morphed to anger. "I've no words for you. What I do know is this: Along with the Jeanne d'Arc over there, I am going to make your heart and body mine!"

"...What?" Mash blinked.

"Uh...huh..." Jeanne didn't look like she knew what to say either. Aleksei continued to facepalm.

"Marie, shut up and leave already, you aren't needed."

"Oh, don't misunderstand!" She trilled. "I just meant that as a queen, I'm going to bring you to your knees."

"No one came to read yuri."

"Yuri?"

"Yuri's hot though, Aleksei."

"Nevermind," Aleksei was nearing his snapping point of stupidity. "Marie Antoinette, please remove yourself from this situation before I have to remove you myself."

"Oh dear," She covered her mouth with her hand momentarily. "Could you, though?"

"This is getting old," Chulainn complained.

"I agree," Medusa grumbled, finding the queen's presence to be a nuisance.

"Fujimaru and Mash will fight Jeanne Alter, but my servants will provide cover and backup. Mash should be the one to deal the final blow, understood?" Aleksei directed, so everyone nodded.

"Yes master!"

"Oh, so you're a master?" Marie cocked her head. "Even more interesting!"

"I don't care anymore," The master grumbled, suddenly in front of the girl which caused her to flinch and take a step back. "I will not contract with you, so please either leave or die."

"Uh, I think I'll leave," Marie finally seemed to realize that the man in front of her was the real deal, and much more dangerous than the dragon witch.

"Great," he turned. "Then off you go."

"Wow, that was some pressure," Amadeus murmured as he walked with Marie a while later. "I wanted to step in, but I would be no match for him if not even you were."

"Indeed," She agreed with a thoughtful expression. "Though it pains me, it wonder how the battle went? He was trying to help that demiservant grow, but was doing it in quite the peculiar fashion."

"Yes, it was as if he never had to help a servant grow their strength," The man agreed. "Though it would take some time for those servants of his to have reached their full abilities, so he should have experience leveling them up."

"I suppose we'll never know," The two sighed.