Chapter 19: Full Circle

Thank you guys for over 700 READS LIKE R U KIDDING RN?! THAT'S AWESOME!
Enjoy!

The sounds of things breaking, punches being thrown, windows being smashed could be heard all the way down to my prison cell, but I didn't care.
I hoped the yells were the sounds of Varian and his new "friends" being annihilated by Rapunzel, Eugene, Cass and Lance.
They'd defeat them, they'd break me out, break out wherever Varian took my parents, and Varian and his friends would get thrown into prison.
And this time, I wouldn't be coming to his aid. He'll have to learn from his mistakes by himself this time.
The slam of a door hitting a wall made me jolt up.
"Rapunzel?" I called out.
"Y/n! Oh, thank goodness you're safe." Rapunzel sighed with relief.
"Where's everybody else?" I glanced around her.
Rapunzel was led into a cell and was locked away right across from me.
"They're um....busy." Rapunzel scratched her head.
"Well, well, well, look what we have here." Varian snickered, passing in between the other Saporians.
"Varian, how could you do this?!" Rapunzel yelled, averting her gaze at me and glaring at Varian.
Varian only shrugged.
"I finally realized who had my best interests at heart and who didn't." He said.
Rapunzel groaned, slapping her forehead and dragging her hand down her face.
"I can't believe you chose to be evil, again! What happened to the therapy sessions? What happened to you and Y/n? Tell me Varian, I'm here to listen!" Rapunzel pleaded.
Varian looked to the floor and shook his head violently.
"No! It's too late now. The plan is already in motion, and there is nothing you can do about it now." Varian sneered.
"What happened to you Varian? We were friends once. We made mistakes, but we got through them. Together." Rapunzel frowned, her eyes glossy with tears.
"And that's the beauty of my plan princess. In the end, when all of your memories have been erased, we can be friends again," Varian's head cocked to the side a bit.
"All of us." He murmured the last part.
Erase our memories? Was that even possible?
Well- it probably was, after everything I've seen, I'll believe it.
I stood in front of the bars in front of me, just observing.
Rapunzel was right, what did happen to Varian?
Varian ran his hands across the prison bars as he walked slyly to the side.
"But you'll only be making things worse Varian! None of these people have done anything to you!" Rapunzel continued to reason.
Varian stopped dead in his tracks.
"It's not what they did to me!" Varian spun around, nearly shouting.
He stepped back a bit, sighing deeply.
"It's what I did to them," Varian looked down, he looked defeated.
"And there- there is no way that they'll ever forgive me." Varian's voice cracked.
"How do you know that if you won't even give them a chance?" My voice squeaked.
Suddenly, all eyes were on me, even Varian's.
I shouldn't have spoken, I shouldn't have tried to ask Varian to justify or explain his actions.
But deep down I knew I still deeply cared for him, even though he hurt me.
"What was that little missy?" One of the Saporians glared at me.
"I said, how do you know that if you won't give even give them a chance?" I stated more firmly.
Varian seemed to chuckle a bit, he ran his fingers through his hair, eyes glazed with tears.
"I took their Queen prisoner, I practically kidnapped their princess on multiple occasions, I've committed treason, I've threatened the crown, I helped these guys take over their kingdom and I've become a terrible person!" Varian yelled.
"You think anybody is going to give me a chance? I don't think so," Varian turned away from me, staring back at Rapunzel.
"No this- this is the only way." Varian looked down. It almost sounded like he was trying to convince himself, I could feel it.
Every emotion in this room varied from worry, amusement, all the way to anger and confusion.
In my eyes, when I concentrated on my power, everyone had their own aura around their heart. By focusing on that aura, I could see and feel what they were feeling.
Varian's was always blue, and I could feel the conflict stirring in him.
"Yeah, little change of plan there buddy." The lead Saporian patted Varian's head.
"What?" Varian questioned.
"We don't have the time for you to perfect your Quirinium, but the solution you have now is explosive!" Another Saporian joined in, creating an explosion sound with their hands and mouth.
"But- but you said nobody would get hurt!" Varian argued.
"Settle down little alchemist, you don't wanna end up on the wrong side of history." The leader warned.
Varian started to back up and placed his hand in his pocket.
"You're right," Varian said, taking his hand out. "So I'm gonna have to ask you to step inside that cell." Varian commanded, holding out one of his alchemical solutions.
Rapunzel started to smile, and for once in a long time, I started to feel hopeful.
"You sure you wanna do this boy?" The saporians asked.
"I'm getting on the right side of history." Varian said, he felt unsure of himself but he showed confidence.
He threw the solution at them, which resulted in a bunch of bubbles exploding everywhere.
The Saporians smirked at Varian, edging closer and closer to him.
Varian chuckled sheepishly, "Heh, yeah uh- that was a bath bomb." Varian scratched the back of his neck.
The Saporians threw Varian into Rapunzel's cell, I could hear Varian slam his fist onto the ground in defeat.
"Enjoy your new friend, although I'm sure they don't reciprocate your little act of humbleness." The leader laughed, leaving the cell.
I fell to my knees and lowered my head, leaning in on the prison bars.
The flicker of hope in my heart vanished.
For all I knew, this was just one of Varian's evil plans to hurt me in some way anyways.
I could hear Rapunzel and Varian talking to each other, but their voices were more hushed and soft.
Then I heard the entrance to the prison doors open but I paid no mind to it, the Saporians were probably just back for more.
Then I heard Rapunzel gasp, "Eugene!"
I looked up and my eyes were on the brink of tears.
Eugene quickly headed over and unlocked my cell, I leaped into his arms.
"Eugene!" I beamed, wrapping my arms around his neck and squeezing him tight.
"I missed ya kid." Eugene chuckled.
I saw Varian start to walk out but Lance stepped in front of him, Eugene and I quickly walking to his side.
"Where do you think you're going?" Lance raised a brow.
"Yeah, literally an hour ago, we thought you were on our side. We can't trust you kid." Eugene frowned at Varian.
"It's ok guys, I trust him." Rapunzel stepped in, gently placing a hand on Varian's shoulder. Varian smiled as Rapunzel and him lead the way out.
Eugene, Lance and I stayed behind, sharing a glance with one another.
I shrugged and rolled my eyes, taking Eugene's hand in mine as we all raced out.
"By the way, I'm Lance. I know we've met before but we never got a proper introduction." Lance smiled.
"Y/n." I smiled back, taking his hand in mine as well.
When we finally made it outside, we had to immediately duck to avoid the Saporians.
A huge flying ship was found a few feet away from us, about to take off.
I had no clue how powerful this explosive Qurinium was, but if it was made by Varian, it was definitely deadly.
"Y/n, you, Eugene, Maximus and Lance go free our parents. Varian knows how to stop the Quirinium, I'm gonna go help him." Rapunzel instructed, immediately sneaking on with Varian.
"What'd she say?" Eugene asked.
"She said for you, Maxium and Lance to go free our parents. Her, Varian and I are gonna stop the Quirinium." I lied.
Eugene and Lance salute as they hop on Max and race after the carriage that took our parents away.
I look at Varian smiling as Rapunzel told him the plan and I scoffed, please.
I sneak in right after them and hid behind a crate or so away from them. I was not gonna leave Rapunzel alone with him.
Rapunzel and Varian suddenly jumped out, Rapunzel yelled something to Varian to which he started looking all nerdy and adorable and-
"You wanna come on out there little missy?" A Saporian smashed the crate I was hiding him.
My eyes glowed pink as I thought fast.
"You're feeling sleepy." I raised my hand out, commanding.
"Why...yes I...-." He couldn't even finish his sentence before passing out.
"Y/N?! What are you doing here?!" Rapunzel shouted at me from across the ship.
"I'm here to help! You really think I'm gonna leave you alone with HIM?!" I yelled back, climbing on top of a bunch of swinging crates in a net and cutting them off.
"I think he's changed!" Rapunzel tried to reason.
"Oh really? Would this be for the third time or the fourth? Oh wait a minute! We gotta be careful Rapunzel, Varian may decide to become a villain for Halloween and never come back from it!" I sarcastically spat.
My eyes glanced onto the ground and I immediately regretted what I said as soon as I saw the pain in Varian's eyes.
He heard.
I felt the stab of pain in my heart as soon as Varian felt it and I cringed, but I looked away.
I wanted him to hurt, he deserved it after everything he put me through.
At some point I was back to back to Rapunzel, using our own gifts to fend off the Saporians.
"This is the last time you-!" The Leader was about to slash us but a puff of green smoke blocked his path, and destroyed his sword?
Varian showed himself, taking out more alchemical solutions.
"Ey? Not bad for an alchemist huh?" Varian grinned, bouncing multiple solutions.
Then one slipped, then all of them slipped, causing alchemical mayhem to start.
Pascal was trapped in a bubble, I was sliding on ice, it was chaotic.
I groaned.
"Varian?" Rapunzel asked, holding Pascal.
"I got it!" Varian raced past me, pouring a solution that released Pascal from his soapy bonds.
Suddenly, the leader knocked Rapunzel out of the way grasping Varian's collar and holding him over the edge.
My eyes widened, I didn't even think, I just started running.
The leader let Varian go.
"VARIAN!" I shouted.
"Rapunzel! Hair me!" I yelled at her as I jumped after Varian.
How impulsive of me, Rapunzel could have saved him on her own easily, so why-?
I fell down face first, practically swimming in the air to reach Varian.
I wrapped my arm around his waist and held him tight around me, looking up and grabbing Rapunzel's hair just as we were about to hit a nearby rooftop.
We stared at each other, his eyes in awe, mine were pained.
"Sweeth- Y/n, why did you-."
"It doesn't matter, let's just get this over with." I shushed him, looking ahead as Rapunzel pulled us onto the deck again.
I hugged Rapunzel.
"Finally, a decent reunion." I mumbled.
When we released from our small embrace, I was still confined, only in her hair.
"Wait what?" I questioned.
Rapunzel smiled but it was sad, still, she radiated confidence.
She looped me around Varian to get hair around his waist as well.
"Rapunzel what are you doing? This is my mess, I should be the one to-." Varian tried to talk Rapunzel out of it, but she just shook her head.
"It may be your mess, but it's my kingdom." Rapunzel grinned, letting us fall down safely from the rooftop.
She released us from the confines of her hair as the flying ship rose higher and higher.
"THIS IS IRRATIONAL!" I shouted with a raised fist, knowing very well that she was right. But it still hurt.
Varian tried to put a comforting hand on my shoulder but I shrugged it off.
"Sorry." Varian mumbled.
"Too late for that." I nearly snapped at him.
The flying ship exploded and I yelled in surprise.
"RAPUNZEL!" I screamed over the explosion.
"Please be ok, please be ok." I heard Varian whisper beside me, his eyes darting across the sky.
Then there she was, a big ball of glowing hair.
She swung across and landed right in front of us, her smile beaming down on us.
"I'm ok." She chuckled.
I punched her lightly on the shoulder.
"Jerk!" I laughed, a few tears from today's events falling down my face.
Rapunzel took both Varian and I in her arms.

So why am I here?
It was the next day, mom and dad were safe, despite having no memories...
Eugene and Lance were doing ok with the pets, so why was I here with Rapunzel and Varian?
During the journey, Rapunzel found a way to free Varian's dad.
So all that research, all those fights, were for nothing.
Varian seemed very anxious as Rapunzel explained to him what he should do and how I could help during her incantation.
Instinctively maybe, but Varian clutched my hand in his.
That made the panic and anxiety I felt from him even stronger then ever. I allowed it to happen, but I wasn't gonna enjoy it or let him know I did...
Maybe I'll enjoy it for a little, just to pretend.
Seconds later, Rapunzel started to chant the incantation.
Her hair and eyes because as black as coals, her hair simmering and sizzling the Amber where it touched.
The Amber was melting...IT WAS MELTING!
"It's working!" Varian gasped, his chuckles sounding relieved.
He was about to run over to Quirin when he realized he had to wake Rapunzel up, I realized that I needed to help.
Especially when the bucket of water Rapunzel provided, didn't work.
My eyes lit up pink as I raised both my hands out.
"You want to wake up from this trance, in fact, this trance is unhealthy, you want to break free." I made her feel.
But she didn't wake.
I made my power surge even more.
"You want to wake!" I demanded, dropping my hands in frustration.
"Why won't you work!?" I asked my hands.
"Rapunzel?" Varian tried to shake her awake, his gloves melting from under him.
He held his hands to his heart.
"You didn't give up on me...I'm not giving up on you." He whispered.
Rapunzel gasped as she went back to normal.
Varian immediately hugged her.
"Thank you." He whispered before running to Quirin.
I stayed with Rapunzel, embracing her in my arms as we witnessed Varian and Quirin's reunion.
"Hi Quirin." I smiled, hugging him afterwards.
"Hello Y/n, nice to see you again." Quirin smiled, hugging me back.

A celebration was called for! The victory against the Saporians!
There was games, drinks, and dancing as per usual when there was a party within our kingdom.
But I didn't want to go, I learned soon after that Cassandra betrayed Rapunzel and us for the moonstone.
The other half of me, she stole it, and now she wanted revenge.
I sat on the ledge of a hill, taking in the sunset until I heard the soft sound of somebody sitting beside me.
"Rough day?" Varian asked.
I looked at him and scoffed.
"Who do you think made that happen?" I raised a brow, pulling my knees to my chest and resting my chin on my knees.
"I deserve that." Varian nodded, glancing at the sunset.
"Yeah, no kidding." I glared.
"I'm sorry Y/n, I keep making mistakes and I became obsessive. I didn't try to talk about my feelings with you or anyone, I know that. I'm going to start seeing my therapist again tomorrow." Varian said.
I raised my head up.
"Well, that's definitely a start." I gave him a small smile.
Varian tried to take my hand into his but I shook my head.
"We're not there just yet." I shook my head.
"I understand, I'm just glad you're allowing me to even sit by you." Varian chuckled.
"I'm not that mean." I chuckled along.
"I missed you sweetheart." Varian tried to smile.
I looked back at him and nodded, not wanting to correct what he called me.
"I guess I missed you too." I sarcastically rolled my eyes, hiding my smile.

Whoooo! Almost 3000 words, impressive if I do say so myself!
I'm gonna start doing a chapter update schedule for this fic and a new fic I'm starting! Since miraculous ladybug season 5 is coming out, I wanna make a chatnoirxreader!
The new chapter updates for this fic will be on either Monday's or Friday's or both!
Hope you enjoyed!
Please let me know if I made any mistakes!
Have a blessed day/morning/night!<3