Epilogue - Awakening

Notice: The tragedy is already over. This is just a goofy ending I thought up. If you wished for the angst to remain, well just don't read this chapter(though it does have light angst).

That rock wasn't there. Arceus knew that for a fact.

The Original One knew the many asteroids of the Distortion World by heart after the eons spent in the hell it had devised for its brethren. Every atom. Every photon.

But for the last century, Arceus has noticed a couple of changes. And it's not like life suddenly grew and flourished, because it only did over the eons with the assistance of the warped spacetime.

That rock was made of recent atoms. Which means it was recently made. It was a conundrum the Alpha Pokémon attempted to solve, thinking It might have done it on accident.

But then it started occurring more often. Not just rocks, but water and air mystically and slowly showed up, too.

It took some time before Arceus realized what was going on. But once it did, it went over to its sibling's floating body. Looked at it straight in the eyes.

And headbutted it.

'Ow! Be more gentle, idiot!'

The Original One was fuming. It was angry. Not wrathful, but angry.

'You imbecile! How long have you been awake?'

Giratina was having the time of its life with the prank it had been doing. For the past millennia, it observed its sibling striving to keep the Distortion World as it was, only letting natural development occur.

So it had the idea to mess with its head a little bit. You know. A little rock here. A small pond there. A small trick it begun pulling for the last century.

'Maybe a thousand years?'

Then Arceus began channeling Judgement.

'Wait no no no stop don't do it don't do it!'

The Original one quickly dissipated the attack.

'Well, don't do that again, you buffoon!'

A moment of silence came between the two, broken by Arceus.

'I'm sorry.'

'Sorry, what?'

'I'm sorry for what I've done to you. I've brought you suffering greater than anyone should go through. I condemned you to a life of solitude-'

'Oh shut up. Had you not left me there, I wouldn't have realized what it means to care about something I made, and I don't intend to abandon this place. It's my home and my own creation.'

Arceus looked at Its sibling for a moment. Giratina was genuine with Its emotions. It truly saw this place as Its child.

It made Its decision. The Renegade could stay here. But not trapped.

Raising its leg, it gave a light stomp on Giratina's head, breaking the seal.

'I know you want to stay here, but this place is no longer binding you. If you want to come visit, you're free to from now on. I declare your banishment over.'

Giratina quickly hurried off to make a portal to the outside world. Arceus didn't know if It should be relieved that the Renegade was free once more or disappointed that It acted exactly like a kid.

Then again, it's to be expected. After all, Giratina has been stuck in the Distortion World for far longer than Arceus. Being given back the freedom it once lived in gave nothing but exhilarating thoughts.

The two exited the realm to enjoy the end of their conflict in space. The Renegade, now back in the normal realm, sent out a bunch of drones to the ends of the universe, trying to learn and smile at everything along the way. Were Its avatar human, Its face would look like a kid in a candy shop.

Suddenly, Giratina spoke up:

'I guess we're tied in wars now?'

'Huh? I beat you though.'

'You won the battle, but you lost the war! Your objective was to destroy that planet and mine was to snap you back to your senses. Now tell me who won?'

Arceus looked at Its sibling dumbfounded, not sure if at the pettiness or the fact that it was right. They were tied.

'Well, I suppose we'll settle it in the end.'

This was the sad truth. They would fight again for the end of the universe. As much as Giratina learned about Creation and its wonders, It was still Destruction. One day, they'd clash again.

But not now. Now they sit back, grab a couple of dying stars to drink and relax.

'Hey, I found that world! Wanna throw a drone over? Can't wait to see the Lake Guardians' reactions.'

Arceus chuckled at it's chaotic sibling.

It didn't say no though.

'Alright, that will probably be funny.'

700 Words