FORTY-SEVEN

"Well looks who's back boys!" Jacob cheered while looking at his watch. "Five on the dot? That's not like you."

"Whatever." I chuckled before placing down my bag. "I'm the one who's here consistently."

"We're all here now." Oliver looked at his muscles in the mirror. "Looks like you two had fun."

"Are you talking about those stupid magazines? I thought you were into those." I placed it in my AirPods.

I took off my shirt before stretching.

"Woah!" They both said.

"What?"

"Either you got in a fight with a tiger or you were laying the wood so hard, Athena was struggling." Jacob chuckled.

I looked in the mirror. Red marks trailed down my neck. I turned around to see scratches all on my back. I smiled as the night replayed in my head.

"I can see what kind of night you two had." Oliver smiled. "How was it?"

"That's her business." I shook my head.

"Can we not talk about that?" Eros scrunched up his face. "Seriously."

"Gross." Anteros shook his head. "Change the subject please."

"Ah. I forget y'all are siblings."

"Not anymore. Athena said she's done with us." Eros laughed.

"Bro." Anteros nudged him. "She didn't mean it, she was just a little angry and I understand why. We don't need to get into it."

I furrowed my eyebrows. Athena didn't tell me about what happened.

"So what's up with you and Val? Are y'all rekindling things?" Oliver questioned while removing his headphones.

Eros shrugged.

"I don't know if I can go down that path again." Eros shrugged. "Too painful."

"I mean you two were in love. I get that y'all, lost a child but you two need to heel." Oliver said.

"You sound like Sky, right now." Jacob laughed.

"I'm serious!"

Eros shrugged. "I'm done talking about it."

Anteros rolled his eyes. "You're always defensive, bro. Just relax. We're your bros and you know that we're here for you."

"I can't relax, okay? I don't want to talk about it. I lost a child and none of you can understand that." Eros huffed. "So when I say drop, it, just drop it."

Everyone remained quiet. Eros hated when we spoke of Valeria. When they lost their child, it hurt them to the core. Eros moved away and lost contact with all of us.

Them re-hatching their relationship was bringing up hidden emotions that he wasn't aware of.

I finished my stretches and walked over to the weight rack.

My mind kept roaming back to Athena. I never got butterflies, but thinking of that night, I had a few. More like a lot. I picked up two weights before bringing them to my chest.

Then I realized.

I didn't use a condom.

~

"Titi! I missed you!" Valeria exclaimed while hugging me. "How was your trip?"

"Amazing. I feel so rested." I sighed.

"And you have that sex glow. I know that glow, spill." She closed her office door.