11 - Sleeping Patient

I had planned to wait a bit longer to post this chapter, but decided to just post it since it's been ready for a long while now. Enjoy!

Unit 001 speaking: "It will look like this, hum..."

Unit 001 thinking: It will look like this.

Others who are NOT Unit 001 thinking: 'It will look like this.'

Unit 001's mainframe/AI: [It will look like this.]

═════════•°• ⚠ •°•═════════

Katsuki was a lot quieter in the weeks that followed his rescue. Well, quiet for him, anyway. One could always tell that there was something else on his mind, and it wasn't very hard to figure out what. While he put his all into his hero studies, perfecting his suit and moves, his thoughts often drifted to a certain robot he found himself visiting weekly.

When he first visited him after they got him stable, it was hard to repress his shock. In just days of being under the sunlight lamps, those horrific injuries had healed over. It was fascinating to watch his body mold itself back into shape like he was a type of clay.

"Hello, Bakugou. Visiting your friend again?" Miss Lin, the front desk manager, said. She had a warm smile on her wrinkled face, her age probably just a bit younger than Recovery Girl. He nodded mutely to her, paying no attention to the flowers that seemed to bloom from her happiness at the fact that someone was visiting a patient amiably.

Don't get tricked by that grandmotherly atmosphere she gives off.

Don't get tricked by that warm smile or the treats she gives the little kids who come to the floor.

Don't get tricked by her tiny stature or her old age.

Don't get tricked.

He learned the hard way just how fucking scary she is when she wanted to be. Especially when people are disrupting the peace of the patients on her floor.

"Make sure not to be too loud again, okay? No quirks in the hospital unless you can't physically turn them off or you are medical staff with permission, understand, young man?"

This place was the only place he will never raise his voice in again.

'Scary Older Hag.'

He just nodded, getting her permission to visit.

"Have a wonderful visit with your friend." She said, giving off that amiable smile. He'd given up on changing her mind that the robot was not his friend. Raccoon Eyes, Shitty Hair, Flex Tape, and Pikachu were all the same. They wanted to come with him to visit, but he vehemently denied their request.

...It was not because he was scared he'd get in trouble with Old Lady Lin. That was not it.

But while the others' request to visit could have been seen as more of their stupidity, Shitty Hair's wasn't. That look in his eyes... he could tell he was serious about wanting to go with him. Now that he thought about it, the others were kind of serious about it too.

They wanted to meet the guy who saved their friend, at least once.

But what were they going to say to him when he was like this? Nothing. There was nothing they could say, so he didn't want them to come.

Not now, anyway.

Besides, the way Tin Can talked about humans in general, he would be scared shitless if they met him... no, if he met anyone aside from him, really. Unit 001 told him outright that he was the only human he'd ever met that wasn't a complete asshole.