chapter 132

"Come on Yeji. Don't leave yet" I hear him say.

The moment he grabbed my arm and tighten his grip even just by a little, my heart starts racing. I suddenly remember the times when Dana would get physical with me and even the times him or any of my exes would verbally abuse me.

I close my eyes and take deep breaths. I guess what Ryujin said is true. No one really fully heals from a trauma, we just learn to cope and accept what happened to be able to live life the best we can. It honestly helped me because my head kept trying to forget my past and I thought it was the only way I could be happy.

Once I've accepted my past, I was able to put it behind me but some things can still trigger me.

I get my composure back and about to say something to Austin. Something I would never be able to do in the past.

However, before I can say anything, I hear him groan and he let go of my arm.

I open my eyes and I find him bent forward while holding his stomach and Ryujin grabbing his collar. Since he's taller than her, he's really being pulled up but more pulled closer so Ryujin can look directly in his eyes.

"Do you want what happened in school to happen again? I was stopped before but I'll knock you out for sure this time" Ryujin angrily say. I realize that she punched him in the stomach and that's why he's holding it.

I look around and everyone is watching us now. I think Giselle is too shock to move or too afraid to say anything.

"You do not lay a single finger on my wife" Ryujin says through her teeth.

"I'm surprised you're able to get a wife. I'm sure it won't last long after seeing how you really are" he still manages to anger Ryujin some more.

Ryujin is about to punch him again.

"Ryujin, stop. Please" I say.

Her fist stops midair and she turns her head to look at me. The moment she saw me, her expression changes from anger to guilt.

She let go of Austin then faces me with her head down. I walk past her to speak to Austin.

"Does it make you feel better?" I ask him.

"What?" He says.

"Does it make you feel better? Making Ryujin lose her cool. Does it make you feel better seeing her react negatively to you and what you say? I know guys like you. You put women down so you feel better. Are you jealous that Ryujin probably attracts more women than you?"

"I don't know exactly what happened between the two of you but you're not gonna tell my wife that we won't last or that you're surprised she got a wife. Any woman would be lucky to be with her and I just happen to be the luckiest one that she chose me. Know your facts before you run your mouth" I say with a my heart beating faster since this is new to me. I'm just hoping that he won't hit me.

I turn to Giselle, "I'm sorry we ruined your party."

"It wasn't your fault" she smiles at me.

"We have to go though. Thank you for inviting us" I smile back.

"See you in class?" She ask.

"Sure thing."

I grab Ryujin's arm and drag her out of the party. Once we get to where all the cars are parked and there's no one around, Ryujin stops walking.

I turn around and she's still looking down, "Please don't be afraid of me."

"Oh Ryujin, why would I be afraid of you?" I put my hands on her shoulder but she doesn't say anything and just continues to look at the ground.