- ; [ 056 ]

guys dw, kaufmans still in the harem 😭

══════⊹⊱❖⊰⊹══════

'Huh, you can read my thoughts?'

The tanned man stiffens, refusing to meet your eyes as he turns his head.

'...for many nights, i've fantasized about you—'

"S-Stop!" Kaufman immediately exclaims, putting both his hands up as if surrendering.

A laugh bursts out from your lips as you point at him, "Even after having been able to read my mind all the years we've been friends, you still get so flustered!"

What could he do? Your thoughts were just...too much for his holy self to handle. He didn't even know there was more than one sex position until he's met you.

he shakes his head—recalling what he had come here for.

"Is there any way I can earn back the trust I lost?" he grabs your hands, caging them with one hand while the other cups your chin to have you look up at him.

you stare at his eyes for a moment, seeing the desperation and guilt swirling within his quivering pupils.

"hm.." you smile, "Come speak to me another time when I'm fully sober."

"W-what? but—"

"Servants! Escort this fine young man out of my gorgeous gorgeous mansion!"

Kaufman could only let the servants drag him out by the arm, watching as you sing and dance around over his shoulder.

"Maybe talking to her when she's sober is more ideal, as she says."

══════⊹⊱❖⊰⊹══════

The next day, you went to see Navier.

Of course you remembered each and every moment that happened the night prior to the morning where you woke up with a hangover.

You appreciate the great Duke for going out of his way to properly apologize, but you'd act like you don't remember for now.

"I heard you've been drinking quite excessively lately, is something wrong?" Navier asks as she writes on a paper.

"..I heard about what Heinley did." You sigh out, the six words that had left your mouth earning a wide eyes expression from Navier.

At the same time, you and Navier speak the same name.

"Duke Kaufman—"

There's a pause before small chuckles erupt from both you and Navier.

"So you know the full situation? Including what the Grand Duke did?" You ask her to affirm.

She nods, "Yes, I scolded the Grand Duke yesterday after Heinley told me he suspected Duke Kaufman had done something to his drink." and also, i discovered he could read minds.

You hum, happy that there was no misunderstanding that happened between the Emperor and the Empress.

"Well, now that that's out of the way, what're you doing?" You grab your chair and move over to see what she was writing down with such a serious face.