48.

The living room of the Watery Lane house was silent.

Bella stood in the far corner, leaning against the wall, anxiously waiting for Tommy's arrival.

Arthur was to her left, by the door to the rest of the house. While John stood by the coffee table. He did some of his own research last night, waiting to share it with His brother as well.

Feeling Arthur glance at her a few times, knowing it was just to make sure she was okay. But She couldn't lie, still having a dreadful feeling in her gut.

Soon the door flung open, revealing the man of the hour. Bella stood up straight at his entrance.

His eyes were slightly wide as he looked around the room. Before anyone could say anything, he marched right past his two brothers, over to Bella.

Grabbing her face and pulling her into a deep kiss. She reacted quickly by holding onto his neck.

Pulling back after a few seconds
"How was she?" Bella asked

He left a breathy chuckle, shaking his head
"Fuckin' Crazy, but talkative."

Bella smirked, getting the confirmation that her plan worked.
Tommy turned them back to the men, keeping her glued to his side.

Bella didn't mind. In fact she welcomed it. It was the reassurance she needed after last night. Putting her arm around him, rubbing his back, As she tucked her head into his shoulder.

"Although she's out of her Fuckin' mind, from what she said I'm pretty sure the treasury is under the house." He announced to them, taking off his hat.

John laid out a map of the building on the table "Ada got this for us from the British library"

Lighting a cigarette, Tommy gave more information "she talked about her aunt coming up stairs with jewels still inside her, which means they have to be in the building somewhere."

Bella cringed at the statement , but continued to listen as Arthur went through all the bottom rooms of the structure. But what stuck out to Bella was the tunnel under the river.

"Arthur found someone to get us an in" Bella announced. Tommy looked at him, taking the information in about the kid they will have work for the Russians.

As Tommy was explaining the plan, there was a knock on the door
"Wait." He demanded then continued

Bella was happy to be here, she felt like she was able to help again. Her mind was back in her control.

When Tommy was done he told whoever was on the other side of the door to come in.

It was Lizzie.

She had smirk on her face "the executive committee of the union of bookies and allied trades, will see you now, sir."

Bella frowned, having no idea what she was going on about.
Tommy sighed, blowing out smoke. His brothers smirked at his annoyed expression, starting to gather everything back up.

Bella looked up at him, "want me to stay?"

With raised brows he looked down at her. "Don't have to, think it'll be a waste of your time."

Gentle pulling his chin towards her, giving him a kiss "good luck, I'll be at the office catching up on some work."

Tommy nodded, putting out his cigarette "I'll see you in a few hours then."

Smiling as she collected her bag "I'll be anxiously waiting."

To which Tommy rolled his eyes, but couldn't hide the small smile that came onto his face.