12 | #ForeverJackson, Pt. 1

FOUR DAYS UNTIL THE WEDDING

Those who received invitations touched down in Milwaukee yesterday morning while others were still arriving or either getting settled in at their respective hotel. Just four days shy of the biggest event that would change the lives of Irish and Michael forever was an anticipated occasion. Tori and Carrea been putting in overtime the past month, making sure everything the couple wanted met their standards. Besides, they were paid a hefty penny for their services, and it was only right to show out and give them their money's worth.

The wedding site was off limits until the official day; it's what the couple wanted after viewing the completed setting that would blow minds as it did theirs. As of tomorrow, all the women of the wedding committee would be separated from the men. While the men would stay at the Potawatomi Hotel and Casino Resort, the women would reside at Sybaris Mequon, a relaxing spa-like hotel resort where a bachelorette party was taking place.

Returning from a tattoo parlor located just thirteen minutes away from downtown with Vena and going their separate ways, Irish entered through the automated doors of the Courtyard-Marriott en route to see her family that arrived hours ago. Most of Michael's family were at different hotels, and even though she had met an handful of relatives due to them being the first arriving, a family dinner would be held later in the evening at Harbor House. It was an upscale restaurant in the surrounding area where everyone would get acquainted and relish in the company of each other.

The ride on the elevator was short as it stopped on the third floor and the doors opening. The first room she would stop by was her Aunt Charleigh and Uncle Raymond's. Isla and her family were two doors down. Irvin and Chauncey were across the hallway as well as her cousin Ariel, her boyfriend, Rasaan, and her parents which her mother, Dinah was the older sister of Irvin. Cookie, the youngest of them all, was roomed four doors down as well as their eldest brother Mannie Jr. and his family. In between them were Irish's maternal grandfather, Chancellor, paternal grandmother, Lily and her younger brother, Desi in their own respective rooms. Thankfully, they were still able to get around well for their ages. Even though they could, they would be checked on from time to time.

Knocking on the door with 315 on it, the voice that belonged to her aunt was heard from the other side. Hearing locks click, the door slowly opened to reveal the younger sibling that could pass for Chauncey's identical twin. The smile on her face broadened seeing her niece standing before her. Immediately, she pulled Irish into a warm embrace like it would be her last time. Nothing ever went passed her Aunt Charleigh as she was aware like everyone else about the shooting. That hug wasn't just an "I miss you" kind of hug but more so "I'm so thankful that you're still here". She didn't want to let go.

"I'm so happy to see you! Oh, my God!" Their bodies swayed back and forth.

"I'm happy to see you, too, auntie." Irish smiled as her chin rested upon her aunt's shoulder, eyes closed and relishing in their embrace.