Chapter 31 - War (Part 2)

Guys,

Above I have attached a picture of the Shiva temple consecration ceremony which happened yesterday on 9th of June, 2022. Thanks for all those who contributed and those who wished. Thank you all

-----------------------------------------------------------

It has been a day since Yuvraj has departed from the palace with the soldiers. And a letter from Yuvraj confirming that they have reached the borders well ahead of the enemies, came to the palace after another half a day as the travel from the palace to the border is not simple. Just then Ranasa received the news that there is another attack from the other direction and it once again gave them some time to prepare as they had already anticipated the attack and scrutinized the boundary much more in the past two days. So as they had already discussed Ranasa took the remaining army with him to defend his Kingdom. Before leaving, he also took a look at his grandchildren and went to take blessings from his mother.

The war was going on for two days from both directions. Through Ranasa's letter, Yuvraj got to know that their suspicion about the distraction from enemies was correct and that another war was going on the other side. And this made him want to finish the war as soon as possible before they use some cunning methods outside the battlefield. Also Malhar Rao has sent a message that he will reach the battlefield by tomorrow and join Ranasa on the other side. So Pratap felt that nothing would go wrong but still there was this uneasy feeling which was there since he left the palace. All he could do was pray to God for the safety of his people and his family.

In the absence of Ranasa, the ministers looked after the state affairs as in managing the revenues and sending resources to the battlefield and so on. Other matters are postponed for some time and the ministers avoided disturbing Anamika unless important. Ranisa still didn't warm up to Anamika even after knowing the deeds of her beloved friend who is in the prison with her daughter. Though she visits her grandchildren more than one time every day, she couldn't come to terms with accepting Anamika. May be it's her ego which is stopping her from apologizing to her Bahuranisa and reconcile with her? She herself doesn't know.

It has been a week since Yuvraj left the palace and the first letter is yet to come from him or Ranasa after the acknowledgement letter they sent once reaching the battlefield. King Malhar Rao had already joined on Ranasa's side as asked by Yuvraj. Anamika is still resting in her birthing chamber and eagerly anticipating her husband's letter. In her previous life, whenever he wrote letters, although it was always addressed to her, it only contained details about the situation in the Warfield, the estimated time for the war and the resources required for them. He would also ask her reply about the existing state affairs and any issues they face in his absence. Although he didn't ask about her wellness in his letters, she couldn't hold a grudge against it even in her previous life, because he neither asked the wellness of his second wife or other family members.

While Anamika was immersed in her thoughts about her previous life, a maid suddenly came barging in her chamber and stood catching her breath from running. Before Anamika could scold her, the maid continued, "Bahuranisa, the messenger from Yuvraj came but he is already dead and the horse just brought his body here". Anamika was shocked to say the least but she couldn't just come to a conclusion. "We retrieved the letter from Yuvraj and handed it to Ranisa", hearing the maid, Anamika didn't think much and went out of the chamber towards Ranisa's chamber. Since Anamika was resting in the birthing chamber, the guards submitted the letter to Ranisa.

Anamika reached Ranisa's chamber and she was shocked to see Anamika at first. Later she didn't enquire much owing to the situation. Once she came in, Ranisa handed over the letter which she already read. Anamika read the letter which stated that they are losing the battle on Yuvraj's side as the enemies had outnumbered their soldiers. It further stated that Since Malhar Rao had reached Ranasa's side, they will not have any problem at that direction. It also stated that the war will end in at most one more day either with surrender or death, as they will not be able to resist after that with less soldiers.  And the letter ended with a hopeful note that they believe in God Mahadev and fight till their last breath.