4: Finding Eddie.

So sorry this took so long to update, I've been super busy with the end of the school year fast approaching. Enjoy this, loves<33

Y/n's pov

Steve drove down a driveway, the headlights of his car piercing through the fog.

We came to a stop at a house with a mailbox marked 'Lipton.'

We all got out and made our way to the porch.

Dustin rang the doorbell, standing close to it as the rest of us shone our flashlights down on the white wooden door.

When no response came, he rang it again.

Still nothing.

He began to violently press the doorbell, over and over.

"Okay, well that's settled. I guess he's not here." Steve said as Dustin began to bang on the door repetitively with his fist.

"Eddie!!" He shouted at the door.

"Great." Steve said in sarcasm.

"It's Dustin and Y/n!" Dustin shone his flashlight into the murky window. "We just want to talk, okay? No cops, I swear, we just want to help."

Dustin began to pound on the door as hard as he could. "Eddie!!"

"Shhh!!" Steve shushed him.

Dustin went back and forth between ringing the doorbell, knocking and yelling.

"Maybe, he's not here, Dustin." I offered, wanting the ringing and pounding to stop.

"Well, where the hell is he?!" Dustin asked.

"Rick!!" He knocked again. "Reefer Rick!"

"Don't scream that." Steve scolded.

"Rick!!!" Dustin ignored him.

"Gah, he's not there!" Steve sort of whispered.

"Reefer Rick!" Dustin would not quit. "He could just be really high."

Robin peered into the window with her flashlight, eyeing the dusty blinds.

Steve looked down to the doormat. "Is that a foot?"

"What?" Dustin asked.

"No, that's just a shoe." I stated, lifting up the mat to look for a key.

"Hey, guys?" Max called and it was only then that I realized she had drifted away from the group.

She was staring at something just past the house, her flashlight at face level.

The four of us made our way over to her with our flashlights.

The door to a dock shed was slightly ajar, and Max was looking at it with fascination and an idea.

The door creaked open and the light from our flashlights broke the darkness.

Moldy life jackets, paddles and all sorts of junk littered the shed, giving it an eerie feeling.

Steve picked up a discarded wooden paddle and began to shove it into a boat with a tarp, making a tremendous amount of noise.

Dustin jumped beside me. "What are you doing?!" He whisper shouted.

When he got no answer, he repeated himself. "What are you doing?"

"He might be in here." Steve suggested, continuing to hit the tarp harshly.

"So take the tarp off!" Dustin shouted quietly.

"You're so brave, you take the tarp off!" Steve argued back, continuing to stab the tarp.

I rolled my eyes, shining my flashlight onto the walls.