Episode 12: Hope?

Ayanokoji PoV

I resumed my way towards the cafeteria. I only had 15 minutes left before round 2 starts and I'd like to see if I could order any cheap snacks to amuse myself when I spectate the second round. I opened the doors to the empty cafeteria and looked around, seeing if there are any employees but there seems to be none.

I guess they only take orders at lunch...

That's on the assumption if Lumine will even allow the students to eat lunch. Then again, it doesn't really matter since I skipped the game. Therefore, I can leave the gymnasium and eat whenever I want without consequence. 

As I was about to leave, I then noticed a snack tray situation on the cafeteria desk.  Presented to me was a plate of fried shrimp, sushi, sashimi, onigiri, and dango. I looked around the area once more, surveying for any enemy presence until I was satisfied once more to see that the room was definitely empty.

I'm sure no one will mind if I take an onigiri or two...

I tried to convince myself that as I quickly made my way to the table where the snack tray was. I gazed at the mentioned choices and felt like devouring all of it within this very moment but I needed to control myself. Just take one onigiri.

Just one...

I took one onigiri. Yes, just one. I began munching on that ONE onigiri. That's right, just one.

Just...one...

One....