Tease

It's been a few weeks since you and Cypher have gotten much closer and he's been treating you a bit differently. He checks up on you way more and tries to spend as much time with you as he can that's not just working on his gadgets together. But he's been having way to much fun playing around with you making you flustered all the time. Especially when he catches you just staring at him like a snack just waiting to be opened... like now.

Both of you are currently at the shooting range and you can't help but just stare at Cypher as he's taking aim with his operator and shooting at the farthest moving target

"[Y/n]? Hello? My rose?" Cypher waves his hand in front of your face but then does something else instead to get your attention.

He puts his gun down and then yours and soon after he gets close to you and whispers in your ear in a tone that just sends a shiver down your spine "My rose" he wraps his arms around your waist bringing you in close.

"Y-yes!" You finally pop out of your trance and look at him with a red face feeling all hot from his touch

He chuckles softly and caresses your cheek "what about me catches your attention so much, hm?"

"I-i...y-you..." You struggle to say anything with your beet red appearance and racing heart

"I...what, my rose?" He traces his thumb along your jawline and then moves some of your hair behind your ears all while keeping eye contact with you

You feel his touch from his other hand being placed on your hip and it makes a million thoughts go through your head

"c-cypher.." you say softly in a tone he's never heard before, sort of desperate sounding but also shy. This causes him to flinch and you could see his eyes on his mask widen.

"A-ah.. sorry if that sounded off...I just um..I don't know how to explain..but..could we head to my room? Im done with practicing my aim for today"

"Ah yes, of course" he lets go of you and puts the guns you both were using away before you both leave

"Can you check if anyone is around in the hallways that lead to my room?"

"Could you tell me the reason why?" He asks while pulling out his little monitor that's able to see a few cameras laid out throughout the HQ

"y-you'll see if the way is cleared"

He lets out a hum and then puts his little monitor away "well luckily for you the way is cleared and most agents are in their rooms or on missions, now, what is it that you needed me to check that?"

You take a deep breath and get close to him as you slide your hand in to his, intertwining your fingers with his. To embarrassed to look at him you just look at the floor and tug his hand a little "l-lets go"

You hear him chuckle as he tightens his grip a little and speaks softly "okay, my rose, lead the way" 

As you both walk to your room you feel his thumb caressing you hand, you can't help but love the feeling and lean into him a little. You look up at him and you could tell that he was smiling from how his mask was lifted ever so slightly.

---------------

You both make it to your room and once you close the door you feel Cypher wrap his arms around you from behind bringing you close and digging his face in the crook of your neck. His hat falls onto the floor and you feel a soft pair of lips on your neck.

(("Ah..he pulled his mask a bit up again"))

"ah...cypher.."

"Mm...yes rose?" You feel his breath on your neck and his words vibrate against it

You place your hands on his and squeeze them "you..always make me feel so...ah I don't know..odd?"

He lifts his head "do I make you feel uncomfortable?" His voice was filled with concern

"N-no! It's not that, it's something else but.. I don't know how to explain it. I lived in a lab ever since I taken from my parents when I was a younger...and your making me feel so many new things..and I.. enjoy all of it..."

"I see.." he holds you a little tighter "then I will continue to expand your horizons, yes?"

You giggle "yes, I wouldn't mind it at all"

He lets go of you and turns you around to then lift you up in his arms.

Your surprised by the action and wrap your legs around him and wrap your arms around his neck. Your faces end up being close to each other, lips almost touching if you just leaned in a bit more.

You see a grin form on his lips "Well hello there my beautiful rose"

"I-im sorry! I-i didn't mean to get that close!"

He places a gentle kiss on your cheek "I know"

Cypher then carries you to your bed and places you comfortably on it

"Try to get some rest, I heard you have a mission coming up with Reyna"

You nod "yeah but..I still don't know what the whole thing is about, brim just told me I'm going on a mission and that's it"

"You'll find out soon, just promise me you'll come back all safe and sound, okay?" He gently places a hand on your cheek and caresses it

You give him a soft smile "of course"

He smiles back and kisses you on the forehead "get some rest, I'll join you later when I finish my chat with Viper"

"Huh? Why do you have to go talk with Viper?"

"She wanted to ask me a couple of things and to inform me on a couple of missions coming up since brim is out at the moment"

"Oh...well as long as you promise to come back later I don't mind, if she talks about my mission please tell me about it"

"I will sunshine don't worry"

"sunshine..?" A red spreads across your cheeks

He chuckles "yes, my sunshine" he grins "seems like you got used to me sleeping besides you now since you want me to come back to you so badly"

You turn your head to the side embarrassed "m-maybe..."

Cypher runs his gloved fingers through your hair "I don't mind it, you can ask me to anytime"

You smile and look back at him reaching your arms out bringing him in to a hug

You both embrace each other for a bit but he then let's go

"I have to go now, I'll be back soon"

You sigh and frown "alright, see you soon Cypher"

He kisses you on the forehead again and you smile "that's what I like to see, don't be to upset that I'm leaving, I'll be right back my rose" he runs his fingers through your hair once more and heads towards the door picking up his hat "goodnight [y/n], sleep well"

"goodnight cypher..." You close your eyes and hear the door shut and about 20 minutes later you finally fall asleep