Chapter 817: Life Story

Yin Lei saw the bone-deep coldness in Jun Yexuan's eyes. He didn't doubt that no matter what, Jun Yexuan was not going to comply.

On the contrary, Jun Yexuan would hate this grandpa even more and find new ways to solve his problems.

After some time, Yin Lei finally said, "I have been too hasty. It wasn't easy for you to come here and we ended up unhappy. That is my fault."

"There's no rush with the search. Stay here and spend some time with me. I will get some people to treat your illness. Once you are healed, I will feel a lot better."

Jun Yexuan had no intention of exposing Yin Lei's "take it slow" strategy. He already had an idea of what to do next. Therefore, his gaze started to lose heat and he too started to smile.

On the other hand, after Qiao Qing was dropped off in her room by Qi Yusen, she said, "Brother, you told me once that when I'm ready to hear his story, you'd tell it to me. I want to hear the story now. You can tell me."

Qi Yusen pursed his lips, "Qingqing."

Qiao Qing, "What is it?"

Qi Yusen said, "Before, I didn't tell you because I didn't want to interfere with your decisions in choosing a partner. But now, you've fallen for him deeply and I'm worried you'd be hurt by the story."

Qiao Qing tightened her fists. After a moment of hesitation, she said, "Brother, I've been through so much. You think I'm afraid of something like this? Just tell me."

Qi Yusen sighed. He stared out the window as if he tried to remember something.

"Honestly, knowing how his family is, I should've stopped you guys from getting together before you fell for him. However, because of his pitiful experience, my guard was down."

"As you know, his mother used to be the princess of the Country of Summer. But did you know that other than him, his mother had another son?"

Qiao Qing raised an eyebrow, "Xiaoqi?"

That didn't seem right. She suddenly remembered what Grandma Jun once said to Jun Yexuan.

"If Xiaoqi dies, are you sure you won't feel guilty for the rest of your life? After all, you and your father have caused the death of his parents. Hahahaha..."

You and your father. His parents.... They didn't have the same father, but... they shared the same mother?

As she thought about it, Qi Yusen continued, "You're correct in thinking that Xiaoqi and Yexuan shared the same mom, but had different dads. Before, Yin Changge married the second young master of the Jun family, Jun Ruofeng. The two of them were very much in love and had to overcome many obstacles to get together."

"But the first young master Jun, Jun Ziyuan, who is Yexuan's father, was also in love with Yin Changge. He loved her to the point of insanity."

"On the wedding night of the couple, Jun Ziyuan tricked his own brother and went to Yin Changge's room on behalf of Jun Ruofeng. That was how Yexuan was conceived and later born."

"Because of that, Jun Ruofeng and Jun Ziyuan fought chaotically. In the end, the elders of the Jun family threatened to hurt themselves and that was the only way to stop the brothers from killing each other."

"When Yin Changge discovered her pregnancy, she tried many different ways to abort the child. However, she failed. When Yexuan was born, Yin Changge refused to even spare him a glance. Jun Ziyuan never even asked about the child and drank himself to sleep every night."

"Grandma Jun felt like both of her sons were being seduced by Yin Changge and that was what caused such an ugly tragedy in their family. Naturally, she didn't like the children she bore. After Yexuan was born, he was taken care of by the maids."

"Later, Yin Changge and Jun Ruofeng were pregnant with Xiaoqi. After giving birth to Xiaoqi, on a day when Jun Ruofeng wasn't home, Jun Ziyuan got drunk and snuck into Yin Changge's room and forced himself on her."

"The next day, Yin Changge killed herself. Jun Ruofeng, losing the love of his life, killed Jun Ziyuan and later himself."

"Everyone then placed the blame of the three people's death on Jun Yexuan, who was only a child at the time."