Chapter 822: Quan Zexi

He decided to stop acknowledging Jun Yexuan and only focus on Qiao Qing.

Qiao Qing hesitated before she pulled on Jun Yexuan, "Let's go together."

Jun Yexuan's face reddened and the pride in his eyes overflowed.

She was afraid that he would be jealous.

Qi Feng nodded. The nobility sir had gotten over Ms. Qiao anyway and never mentioned that she couldn't bring anyone else. Bringing a few others along with her shouldn't be a problem.

He was sure of it.

However, when Qiao Qing, Jun Yexuan, the fox, and the others arrived at Feng Heng's manor, Feng Heng's face dropped.

Jun Yexuan stared at his displeased expression and snickered coldly, "Hi old friend, nobility sir, you sure hid yourself well."

Feng Heng aggressively bit back, "I'm not as good at hiding as you. It turned out you're related to the Emperor?"

Mu Jinghang knew right away that these love rivals were going to go at it again.

Qiao Qing instantly interrupted these two and looked over to Feng Heng, "I heard you have information about my dad?"

Feng Heng stopped fighting against Jun Yexuan and looked over to Qiao Qing, "You should know that the intention of Emperor Yin wanting you here is because he wants Jun Yexuan to marry Xia Houshang. Unless that's done... "You!" Jun Yexuan frowned tightly before he nervously looked over to Qiao Qing, "What he said is true. But I didn't agree with it. I won't ever agree to it."

Qiao Qing grabbed his hand, "Don't worry. I trust you."

Jun Yexuan held her hand and glared over to Feng Heng to provoke him.

Feng Heng turned his head to avoid seeing those two's interlocking fingers, "However, if you want to search inside this city, you must acquire that person's permission."

Qiao Qing and the others all froze before they exchanged glances. They all shared the same thought.

Feng Heng nodded, "That's right. You need the Quan family's permission. Though Yin is the emperor, he doesn't have as much of a say as the Quan family. As long as you can get the Quan family to agree to it, there's no way the emperor can keep you from searching the city."

Mu Jinghang asked, "You keep talking about the Quan family. Does anyone in the Quan family have the power to let us search? We have to get permission from the man of the house, right?"

"That's right," Feng Heng responded, "Currently, the one with power in the Quan family is Quan Zexi, the first duke. He's the son the Quan family admitted into the family two years ago."

Mu Jinghang scratched his head, "I've heard of him. He always wears a mask, right?"

"That's right." Feng Heng said, "Quan Zexi is quite a heroic character. Three months after his return to the Quan family, he earned the number one spot in the family."

"These past two years, he came up with most of the strategies the monarch imposed. Before, the Quan family merely supported the monarchs. But today, the Quan family has all the power."

"Quan Zexi's influence in this country has far surpassed Emperor Yin. If he wanted to, he could literally take away the monarch's seat."

"So, I suggest you focus your energy on the Quan family. If you can convince Quan Zexi to give you permission or look for your person for you, things can get a lot easier."

Qiao Qing was touched, "Thanks for the tip."

Jun Yexuan asked, "Why are you helping us?"

Feng Heng, "Don't dip your face into gold. I am merely helping Qingqing, not you."

Jun Yexuan, "..."

Qiao Qing pulled Jun Yexuan away, "Let's go."

Two steps out, Feng Heng's voice arose from behind, "Qingqing."