Twenty-Nine

ARABELLA

When Rico kisses me, it makes me feel like everything is okay.

But I know it isn't.

His words repeat in my head over and over again.

"Maybe if you had just fucking listened, he wouldn't have beat you."

I shake my head and pull away from his kiss. "Rico I... I can't."

The look on his face makes my heart break but i have too much in my mind right now to care.

"You can't kiss me and think everything is okay now." I sigh and finally have the courage to look at Adam on the ground.

The sight horrified me. I quickly bring my eyes back on Rico, even though I don't want to.

"No Mi amore, I said I'm sorry. I didn't mean anything I said to you, please believe me." He holds me close and I bite my lip.

I look down at my feet and sigh.

"But you still said them."

He hangs his head low and nods, "I know... I know"

I pull away from his grasp and he tries to pull me back into his arms.

"Rico, no." He immediately stops and backs up with a sad puppy frown on his face.

He honestly looks like he is about to cry.

In this moment, I want to be away from him. I don't want him hugging me, or telling me he is okay, I just want him gone.

"You said very mean things to me and... I think we should be apart." His face drops even more than it did before.

"What are you saying?" He whispers. I bring my eyes down to my feet.

"We shouldn't be together anymore. I will find somewhere else to stay." I sniff and wipe the tears falling down my eyes.

"No, no Bella please, it was a mistake. I didn't mean the shit I told you." He shakes his head and his voice sounds shaky.

"Let's get this cleaned up. Then, I will pack my stuff and find somewhere else." I look him in the eyes and my heart burns when I see them watery.

He cares this much about me?

I hear footsteps behind me,"Well well well... Seems your little plan didn't work after all, did it?" I turn around at the voice and see Rico's uncle.

Rico no longer has tears in his eyes, the sadness replaced with anger.

"Leave." He glares at him and my eyes widen.

"Oh but nephew, we haven't even gotten to the good part. I mean, Adam was supposed to handle that but it seems he got a little- sidetracked." The old man smirks.

I wrap my hand around my throat, trying to calm my breathing.

I wince at the pressure, Another bruise forming from him.