16 | Change For The Better, Pt. 1

Working with Ariana on her new album went by fairly quick than expected

Working with Ariana on her new album went by fairly quick than expected. thank you, next, stylized in lowercase letters, was the self proclaimed title, and the song with the same title debuted as the album's first single. It received massive radio play and great reviews, so there was no doubt the album wouldn't do great at all.

Aside from being in the studio often, he made time to train Ishmael by getting him prepared for his new position. A month is what he aimed for, and within that month Ishmael knew every aspect of the role his former boss took over. By the end of the month, Michael was finally able to dust his hands clean and move on to better things in his life—a new slate.

Despite him leaving that part of his life in the past, it never would change the bond he had with Ishmael. Guap and Snupe would forever ride for him no matter what. They were friends but more so family than anything, and nothing would change what was already established since day one. They respected the route he chose to take and supported him one hundred percent.

Now with a cleared schedule after going over Ariana's album in full with her team, it was set to be released next February just a few days before Irish's twenty-sixth birthday. Ariana stated that she wanted to gift her the first copy, and Michael promised to keep it under wraps. He did promise they would attend her album's listening party in L.A the following year.

It was now December, and Christmas was approaching in a matter of two days. Since it would be the newlyweds first holidays together under new circumstances, they thought to start a family tradition by throwing a Christmas Eve pajama party. Each immediate family would sport their own matching sets, and Michael hired a photographer for the festivities. He was leaving for India soon and wanted to spend as much time with everyone, especially his new wife.

With him going away for a month wouldn't be as easy to deal with and January was nearly around the corner. Irish expressed her feelings towards it. He found it cute, but deep down inside he felt the exact same way. He was going to miss the fuck out of her. There was never a time they weren't together, and anytime people saw him, they saw his wife. Honestly, this would be the first of many to come. They say absence makes the heart grow fonder.

He, KeAndre and the kids were at the house setting up the nine foot Dunhill Fir Hinged tree in the living room. Meanwhile, Irish and Michonne were out to gather more decorations and necessary items for the party. Their last stop was Party City, and thankfully, they still had a few things shelved that would come in handy.

"These santa plates are so cute," Michonne commented, looking over the paper plates shaped like Santa Clause himself.

Irish looked at what she was talking about and agreed. "They are cute. We can get those for the kids for sure." Michonne tossed them into the hand basket she held. Irish browsed the shelves for decorative cups for the homemade punch she was making. Finidng some she liked most, she placed them in the basket with the rest of the other items.