The Truth

Cypher POV
---------------------

I shut [y/n]s door and sigh (("do I already miss her?")) I stand outside of her room and want to go back inside already but I must do what I need to first

I walk to Vipers lab and prepare myself for the boring talk about missions and things that have no importance to me

-----------

I enter her lab and she doesn't even look at me to greet me, she just continues to work on her poisons.

"Take a seat, I'll join you shortly"

I nod and take a seat on a random comfy chair she has in here, prolly the chair she naps in since she barely leaves her lab unless it's for coffee or missions

After a few minutes she finally stops what she's doing and walks up to me crossing her arms

"Does anything about [y/n] seem off to you? You do spend quite a bit of time with her so I do expect you to know"

I raise an eyebrow in question even though she can't see it "Why do you ask that? She acts completely normal despite being in a horrible situation before we got her"

"That's probably only because you've been keeping her at bay, she is a weapon Cypher-"

"She's not a weapon." I say this immediately with a harsh tone not noticing and looking straight at her

Her stone cold expression doesn't change at all "shes able to take out teams of people all on her own, I've seen footage of her against many people, radiants or not"

I felt anger start to fill me "You have to remember that she used to be controlled and always pushed past her limits, she was always in pain and overly exhausted! She almost passed out from using all her abilities that time she went on the rescue mission!"

"Yet she took out more than 5 mirror agents that day with ease, she has amazing combat skills and without using her abilities to quick and with the help of Reyna, she'll be able to take care of a lot of people on the field. If we controlled her--"

I stand up immediately out of anger that viper even has such an idea "that is never going to happen, and if you ever try I swear ill-"

"You'll what." Viper take a step closer to Cypher "remember, you don't make the calls here, Brim does and even kingdom when we have to listen to them, if they say to control her, we do it."

I gritt my teeth "I'm guessing Kingdom is thinking about making the decision to do so, huh?"

She nods her head "do you think I'm that much of a monster to think of that idea? I don't like it but when you think about it, she can do so much and when you see her in battle with nothing stopping her, she looks...like she enjoys it"

I shake my head "she's not like that"

"What do you know Cypher? You've only known her for 5 months, she's made to kill, all those experiments that were done on her improved a lot with her abilities and even increased her drive to kill. It's just that someone has been keeping her at bay somehow, which I don't understand. She should be itching for a fight at the moment, yet she's not."

She walks to her cabinets and opens one which reveals a small Case, she takes it out and places it on the table next to the chair "She's made to kill Cypher and without her being controlled, she can't be stopped when she's out of control. The only opinions are to either kill her or make her weak, which is what these injections do"

I open the case and spot two syringes, both the dark color of green "how did you know how to make these?"

"I didn't, I got them from the lab she was rescued from, theres no documents on how to make anymore that I could find, the only thing I found was the use of them and effects"

The room fills with silence and is only broken once Viper speaks once again

"Two syringes, we only got two Chances to shut her down if she ever goes to far and can't stop herself, after that, the only option left is to eliminate her"

"That will never happen and if it does I'll just calm her down"

"Calm her down?" Viper let's out a small chuckle "good luck with that, she'll probably kill you"

"She wouldn't even lay a finger on me"

She looks at me with a disappointed kind of look mixed with a stern one "you've grown to attached I see" she lets out a sigh and goes to sit down in her chair "just don't be surprised when the time comes, now about the mission she's going on with Reyna. Kingdom is going against many rogue radiants in Rabat and their loosing many soilders, they want to get rid of those radiants as fast as possible. Reyna and Yowai are just the ones for that job."

"I'm guessing that's why you mentioned the injections?"

She nods "she might not be able to control herself there, I just wanted it to be known to you since...it seems like you have grown quite fond of her"

I stop and think for a second "I'm going with"

"You can't, Brim has organized everything already and your scheduled to go on a mission as well after she leaves, there's no use in trying Cypher, your going to be needed in the mission your going on" she stands up from her chair and puts the case back in the cabinet "if your right about her then these will not have to be used, not while she's on that mission, not ever. But if your wrong" she looks back at me "then we only got two shots"

I nod and sigh fustrated and angry "if there's nothing else I will see myself out" she didn't respond which meant that there was nothing else to be said so I left her lab to head straight back to [y/n]

----------------

I opened her door slowly not wanting to wake her and shut it as quietly as possible. When I went up to her, I felt at ease once again. I held her hand and caressed it gently and softly whisper, wanting her to hear me somehow in her sleep "I won't let anything bad happen to you on my watch, I'll protect you the best I can"

I pull my mask up half way and slowly make my way into bed with her, pulling her into my arms.

"mm... cypher.." she spoke in a whisper that was almost not audible

"Shh..I'm here now my rose, you can fall back asleep" I spoke softly in her ear

She burried her face in my chest and wrapped her arm around me as she let out a faint giggle

I held her close and kissed her on the forehead "Goodnight [y/n] sweet dreams"

I close my eyes and let sleep take me with this angel in my arms that also fell into the hands of sleep.