Your story

Hi everyone.
Another story time.

This story was shared to me by 'Johntroyboy'

Do appreciate and support the writer guys.

----------------------**********-------------------

Greetings, my name is ...
hm, I don't really have a name. I am universally known as Death.
I used to be a person just like you. I had parents, friends, a wife and I think that I had children. I don't remember, it was a really long time ago. It is not easy to keep track of time.
After the first ten years of being death it is really frustrating and unnecessary to keep track of what day it is of what week of what month of what year. It really doesn't matter to me. I just do my job and that's all and like most people in the corporate world I hate my job.
This is how it all started.

One day I got hit by a car and woke up in a white room.
Well, it wasn't really a room, it was more of region. I saw nothing but white, the 'floor' was white and so was the 'sky'.

It was basically limbo. Then I heard a voice come from behind me.
It was harrowing, after hearing it I knew that I was definitely going to die that day.
He was Death and I knew it, he had a cloak and a bloody scythe.

'I am here to get your soul' he said.

'Please, I don't wanna die, have mercy' I cried.
'There is another option if you don't want to die' (I should have known that bastard was lying, there is no way to cheat nature, when it's your time you will die)

'You can take my place' he said.

I agreed to it and took his place, a decision that I would regret for the rest of my life (I wouldn't call it much of a life though). Hopefully there will be someone foolish enough to take my place soon. I'm immortal but I kind of wish that I could die, aah the irony.
Its really lonely, not only because I've outlived everyone I ever knew but I can't even interact with people.
My existence has no meaning.
I'm pretty sure I've been killing for more than 200 years. I was very horrified by the killing process for the first couple of years but after that it all became a routine.