03.2

[act three; chapter two     -     no fixing, just help]

Donnie wished he had an appetite, really, he did. But he just didn't. He was walking towards the back of the group of demigods, but didn't stray too far. He didn't have a lot of energy, but he also knew he had to stay close enough not to get lost in the crowd.

He was intact enough with his emotions to know when his day was taking a turn for the worst. He could feel his emotions dip and turn within his stomach, a dark mood invading his mind. It was like when a sunny day turns dark and cloudy within seconds, a thunderstorm enveloping everything that was once light.

The group was walking into the large building, no one straying far from the others. Donnie was walking next to his sister and Percy. Andy kept one hand intertwined with his, the other one—with her bright cast—being held in Percy's, while Zara stayed just in front of them, looking over her shoulder every so often to watch them with a small smile. Jason was walking right beside her, their arms intertwined together. Every so often, the blonde would lean down and press a kiss to her forehead and whisper something that looked a lot like, "I love you."

Donnie couldn't help but feel...well, sad. He missed having someone to love and someone to love him. Sure, he had Andy and Zara and Cassia and Percy and Grover, but that wasn't the kind of love he was talking about. He was talking about the kind of love that made your face feel like it was on fire because your cheeks burned so hot or because your smile was so wide. He was talking about the love that came with whispers of nothing and kisses of everything. Adonis Storm had never been in a relationship before, not with anyone, not even Luke Castellan. They had shared a type of love that would never be allowed, the one where the gods and Fates laughed in their faces, taunting and teasing. Sure, he had loved Luke with all he had, but to not be able to act on that love? It was the most tiring thing he'd ever done. He wanted to be in love in some unconditional way. He wanted to be in love in the way that he could kiss them and hold them and crack jokes and watch movies and hold hands, and really just be. He wanted what his sister and Percy had, but he wanted it to be in his own way.