~Prank War P2 (Keefex)~

Hey everyone! I decided to write part two for the Keefex oneshot. If you haven't read part one, please go back and read that now!

So, here you go! Enjoy, @thatdamtechnopath !

________________________________________________________________________________

✩Dex's POV✩

I hurried to the staircase where I met Keefe once the bell rang for fifth period hastily, doing my best not to attract attention from the Foxfire staff. Or anyone, really. Attention wasn't really my thing.

Not that skipping class was really my thing. But I heard from an eavesdropped conversation that there was a substitute replacing the mentor today. So I suppose it wouldn't hurt to go meet Keefe.

Plus, pranking Wonderboy was something I would skip class the whole year to do.

So, it was pretty much a no-brainer.

The tall, blonde boy smirked as I nervously creeped towards the staircase. His hair was gently rumped, and it looked almost as fluffy as a lion's mane. His ice blue eyes held a glint of amusement in them as I cautiously approached him, a gleam of humor that belonged to him and probably nobody else.

"Missed me?" Keefe asked me, running his hands through his blonde hair. I felt my cheeks warm up as I gave him a death glare.

"You wish," I retorted. But the comeback only made Keefe's smirk deepen into his face even more.

"Are we gonna plan this or what?" I asked irritably.

"Okay, fine!" Keefe said, throwing his hands up defensively. "God, you're boring."

"Thank you," I said drily, staring at him with what I hoped to be a flat expression on my face.

"So, I drew a little sketch to demonstrate my brilliant plan," Keefe said excitedly, taking a crumpled piece of paper out of his pocket and unfolding it to reveal a well-drawn sketch.

Keefe pointed to a drawing with teal eyes and perfectly groomed brown hair. "Fitz has amazing hair."

I rolled my eyes. Wonderboy so did not have amazing hair. His hair was stupid! But I kept that to myself, reminding myself that even if Keefe was trying to prank Fitz, they were still best friends, and anything I say could travel to him. Especially considering Keefe's shameless tendency to embarrass people.

Keefe pointed to an arrow above Fitz that emphasized his hair. "We therefore need to ruin it. A lot. You got any hair elixirs?"

I shook my backpack empty as brightly colored potions tumbled out like loose boulders. "I have green, orange, pink..."

Keefe shook his head. "We need something super...flashy. Something that everyone will notice. How about I come over to your house and we make something together?"

I glared at his suggestion. "Are you seriously just inviting yourself over?"

"Yup!" Keefe grinned arrogantly. I groaned.

The opportunity to give Wonderboy stupid hair is on the line, I reminded myself. But it was hard to remember when this stupidly good-looking arrogant asshole dude was coming to my house.

"Fine," I grumbled, grabbing my backpack and stalking away. "Meet me at Rimeshire after school."

***

"Woah, this is your house?" Keefe asked me as we hiked up the snowy hill to Rimeshire. Keefe's ice blue eyes wandered around the gardens of my mom's beautiful ice statues and galloped over the high mountain peaks topped with heavy snow. "This...isn't how I pictured it."

I rolled my eyes at Keefe's blunt honesty. Nobody expects the Dizznee's house to be as beautiful and elegant as an ice castle from a human movie, but it is.

"Lemme guess, you thought it would look stupid?" I asked him. Keefe opened his mouth to protest, but then fell silent. The silence felt like an icicle to the heart, plunging itself into my chest and being a lot more painful than it should really be.

Keefe was Wonderboy's best friend. What did I even expect?

"I didn't think it would look stupid," Keefe defended himself after an uncomfortable gap of silence. "I just didn't think it would be so...normal."

"Thanks!" I said sarcastically, ignoring the spark of flame inside me that ignited when I realized Keefe Sencen called me abnormal. I liked the word. Normal is boring.

"My apologizes," a strawberry blonde man said from the ice encrusted door to the house. His periwinkle eyes narrowed at the blonde boy, and he obviously recognized him by his father.

"Keefe Sencen?" my father asked, holding out his hand to invite Keefe into an extra-awkward and super firm handshake-fest that would last way longer than handshakes should last.

"That's me!" Keefe said, pretending not to be intimidated by my father's disdainful glare that I clearly inherited. It made me proud that my family could make Keefe Sencen scared. Made me feel more powerful than I really was.

"Let's go to my room," I said, taking Keefe's hand and dragging him to my room.

My room was huge and spacey, with a glass ceiling that projected shining stars and planets onto the paned glass like those weird human machines. Dark blue curtains matched the midnight comforters and pillows overflowing my bed. On the left side of my room, a cluttered table filled with bottles of elixir ingredients and corks and screws and anything that had to do with either tech or alchemy sat against the wall. On the right was a brick fireplace projecting a dark blue fire, flickering and hissing at the new person in my room.

"Wow," was all Keefe said as he looked around.

"What?" I said sharply, suddenly wanting to shove him out of my room and lock the door closed.

"Nothing, it's just..." Keefe sighed breathlessly, gazing dreamily up at the stars above him. "I guess I'm just used to seeing rooms so...personal."

I flushed a dark crimson, turning away to look out the window at the triplets playing in the snow outside. "Thanks?"

A moment of awkward silence stretched between us, until Keefe cleared his throat. "Should we get started on the elixir?"

I grinned, flashing my dimples at Keefe brightly. "Sure! So, what were you thinking of making?"

I smiled at Keefe's overly confident smirk as he began to tell me about his ideas. It was so on.