we'll make the best of it (requested)

You couldn't believe the words that fell from the lips of the doctor standing there in front of you and Jisoo.

It took you and Jisoo by surprise and not in a good way.

"What did you just say?" Jisoo quietly asked.

"I'm sorry." The friendly man sighed, looking between you and Jisoo in sadness. "Y/N, your heart condition is getting worse. There's no easy way to say it but you don't have much time left. There's nothing we can do."

"Why would you say that?" Jisoo angrily asked. "There has to be something you can do! Just try, dammit!"

She felt bad for shouting at the doctor who has been so kind to the two of you over the last few days, as you went through a few different tests.

But she was frustrated.

"I know it's upsetting. I'm very sorry." He said as he placed a hand on Jisoo's shoulder. "I know this is a lot to take in. Do you have any questions for me?"

For you, his words weren't heard.

Everything was a blur after getting such shocking and difficult news to grasp.

Your life was most likely coming to an end soon.

How does someone accept that?

"Y/N?" He asked, his other hand falling to your shoulder.

You swallowed the lump in your throat and looked between him and Jisoo before you exhaled shakily.

"There are no options to treat it, are there?"

Your voice was trembling and you looked at him with sad eyes.

He's been your heart doctor for some time now.

For the last few months, you've shown signs of heart failure.

But you've tried to keep hope that everything would be fine.

You took measures to make sure that you'd be okay.

You thought by seeing him regularly and keeping healthy, your heart would stay strong and healthy.

You thought you'd have the chance to grow old with Jisoo and maybe one day when you're older, say sixties or so, then you'd have to be worried.

But you were wrong.

And there was a slight look of hope in your eyes, hoping he'd say yes - there was something they could do.

But you were in advanced heart failure and there was no way for them to be able to fix it.

So he shook his head wordlessly and in sadness.

"How long do I have?"

He sighed as he looked between you and Jisoo, who was holding your hand tightly.

"I can't say for certain but about four or five months. Six at the very most but that's unlikely at this point."

That was all?

That couldn't be all.

"Can we please have some privacy?" Jisoo asked as tears stung her eyes.

"Of course." He said before exiting the room, closing the door behind him.

Jisoo looked at you through the blue of her tears, her other hand taking ahold of yours to squeeze them both tightly.

"It's crazy." You said. "When I think back, sometimes four or five months felt like such a long time to me. But now it feels like it's never going to be enough time."

She sniffled, bottom lip trembling.

"Who knows if I even have that long? It could be earlier." You said fearfully, looking at her in worry,

"Please don't say that. Don't think like that." She pleaded. "I know, sooner or later, we'll have to face it and accept but... not right now. Please, darling."

You hung your head as tears stung your eyes.

"I'm sorry."

She threw her arms around you, hugging you as you cried together.

"I don't want to leave you. I thought I had my whole life ahead of me. There's so much I still want to do."

"We'll do it," Jisoo promised as she looked at you, tucking a lock of hair behind your ear with shaking fingers. "You name it, I'll make it happen. Tell me where you want to go and what I can do."

You closed your eyes and laid your forehead on her shoulder.

"We'll be okay. We'll make the best of it. Right now, let's just hold onto each other. Don't think about anything but me being right here with you. I promise that I won't be leaving your side. I've got you, sweet girl."

You were falling apart together, holding each other closer than ever before as you sob and let it all sink in.

There are a lot of sad and scary days ahead of you, you know that for sure.

But you also know that you have Jisoo and even though there's not much time left to spend with her, you know she'll make them as great as possible.

But, for now, as you cry and wonder how you'll tell your family and friends about this, Jisoo just continues to hold onto you and make you feel safe, despite everything falling apart.