five.

"SO HOW DID IT GO?" KATIA ASKED, ROLLING HER EYES AS she saw skye furrow her brows. "your conversation with bradley," she dragged his name out, "how did it go?"

skye finally caught on. "oh, yeah. yeah, it was good."

"it was good?" she raised her brows.

"yeah, yeah. we talked. i apologized, he apologized. i think it went pretty good."

the blonde smiled. "so you guys finally made up?"

skye nodded. "yeah."

katia grabbed a smiley face mug from their cabinet. "that's good. because i was about to beat both of your heads against a wall."

the other girls brows raised again. "pardon?"

"you're both so goddamn dramatic all the damn time."

skye whistled. "damn, kat, tell me how you really feel." she smiled before a thought came to her. "oh, hey, how are you and.. what's his name?"

"jake?" katia looked up from the coffee she was pouring for them both.

the brunette's lips formed an 'o' and she nodded. "yes. jake logan was his name, right? how're things going? have you guys talked again?"

katia nodded. "yeah, yeah. we talked yesterday, actually. i wanted to let you and roost have some space, so i was hanging out with jake. and.. yeah, it was really fun."

skye smirked. "yeah?"

"come on, don't look at me like that."

"don't look at you like what?"

"like that!" katia laughed, handing her friend a full mug of coffee. "we're just hanging out, it's nothing official."

skye raised her brows suggestively over her mug. "whatever helps you sleep at night, hav."

"oh, real mature." she sat down next to her on their couch. "but seriously, though, i'm happy you two finally talked it out. it was weird with it not being the three of us, you know?"

she nodded. "yeah, i know. i guess it's also weird.. now that we're older."

katia tilted her head to the side. "what do you mean?"

"just like.. him. i don't know."

"what, do you mean because he got hot?"

"what?" skye shot a look at her.

katia held her hands up in her defense. "i'm observant. my eyesight is very good, that's why i'm the one who stops you from getting shot all the time." she joked. "i am able to appreciate when someone gets more attractive with age, and i am not blind to it."

"you are.. wow. wow." skye dropped her head into her hands, shaking it.

"you know i'm right." katia argued. "just admit it to yourself, bradley got hot."

"oh my gosh."

"the more you deny it, the more you're just proving me right."

skye rolled her eyes. "okay, yeah, fine. he isn't twelve anymore, is that what you want me to say?"

the blonde shrugged, a smile on her face as she brought her mug up to her lips. "i'm rooting for you guys."

"oh my gosh." the other girl repeated, throwing her head back on the couch. "you are unbelievable, you know that?"

after they finished their coffee and finished getting ready, both girls headed to the beach. the entire class were all planning to spend their free day hanging out, an attempt to make new friends and get closer to the other members of their future squadron. it made sense, skye thought, that everyone they flew with should be like family.