⚾︎| chapter thirty one

CHRISTIAN IRWIN
hey you! don't be a silent reader:)
PS. the italics is the reporter talking, if that makes sense.

I slide on my long burnt orange baseball socks and let out a huge sigh. The 100th sigh in 5 minutes.

"Dude what!" Dallas groans holding a bowl of cereal, "Why do you keep-" He imitates my sigh.

I shake my head and tie my shoe laces, "Are you that nervous? C'mon dude! We've been working our asses off for this." He reminds, "We got this."

I walk over to my baseball bag and make sure I have my batting gloves, bat, and pitchers glove. "Not nervous." I tell him, "Just wish she can make it." I tell him bluntly.

He grabs his bag and put it over his should while I do the same. "It alright man." He says opening the door. "Hey! How much you wanna bet she'll make it."

No chance.

I laugh at that stupid bet, "There's no way she'll make it."

"Let's just bet on it." He says, "If she makes it you owe me 20 bucks, if she doesn't I owe you 20 bucks." He extends his hand.

"Whatever." I shake his hand and tossing my bag over my shoulder.

She won't make it, but hell I sure hope she does.

»»———-  ———-««

"I gotta take a piss!" Dallas says, running off the bus and going into one of the restrooms.

"We've only been on the bus for 10 min-" I say.

"Shut the fuck up!" He says, running away and going into the men's bathroom not caring that many people are looking at him.

I'm so glad the World Series is at our field, so we don't have to travel all the way to Florida.

I see people already in the stands waiting for the game to start, I then take out my air pods and put them back into their case.

I make my way to our dugout and set my bag down and take out my pitchers glove ready to warm up.

Coach is finally letting me pitch, but he said, and I quote. "Only because it's the World Series." I pitch every game but my grades have not been doing well so now this is what he calls, punishment.

Thank God I have the best girlfriend in the world who's helping me keep my grade up in that one class.

"Irwin! come here." I hear my coach yell from the dugout. Let's hope he doesn't say I can't pitch anymore.

I jog over to him, "Yes Coach?" I ask him, hoping I don't jinx it.

He puts his glove over his mouth, "I heard Yark is pitching Blake, be smart on the mound." He warns me. Jesus.

I groan and tilt my head back. Should of saw that coming, they were saving Blake for the World Series.

I nod letting him know I heard him, still trying to kind of process what he just told me.

As I make my way to the dugout I see Dallas leaning over the fence, "What did coach say?" He asks me. What a nosey motherfucker.

I check my surroundings so no one can hear, "They're pitching Blake." I tell him straight up.

"WHAT?" He yells out loud.

I cover his mouth, "Shut the fuck up!" I whisper yell, then let go. Man, I tell him something and  he can't keep his mouth shut.

"He hasn't pitched all season!" He whispers to me and then hits me on my shoulder.

No shit, I've gotta give it to them. Yark's baseball team is smart they knew if they pitched him all season he would get injured.

Smart fuckers.

I glance and look at the now filled seats, holy shit it's never been this packed before.

"What?" Dallas asks me pushing me to see what i'm staring at, "Holy fuck!"

"Richards, Irwin!" I hear our coach say, we both don't hesitate and fast walk over to him.

"What are y'all doing? We have a game, a very important one!" He reminds us. He acts like we're fucking stupid.

"Yes sir." We both say.

"Get in the dugout so I can go over the batting order." He tells us. We both walk into the dugout. I hope coach goes with the batting order I suggested.

Once my coach finishes going over the batting order we all grab out gloves, ready for the first inning and I can feel it. It's going to be a long one.

I lean against the dugout fence. "You ready?" Dallas asks me, standing next to me.

"Of course," I say in a duh tone. "Make sure out field and you are being smart." I tell him once again.

I drink some of my Gatorade, "Go time, boys" My coach says

"Our starting pitcher, Christian Irwin from North Shore."

I jog out to the pitchers mound and grab the ball from the ground. I hear many boo's and cheers, but I try not to let that effect the way I pitch or anything.

I threw some practice pitches to our catcher, Leo, until I saw Blake walking up to home plate.

He annoys the hell out of me, but I try not to show it. The way he walks like he's big shit, he's not.

The umpire comes up to me letting me knows I can start now, I nod my head and get into position.

"And here comes, the guy who likes to be agressive at the plate. Blake Barrett."

I roll my eyes at the reporter, more like the guy who likes to abuse women.

We both get in ready position, I throw the ball as hard as I can. Leo catches it.

I have to admit, we have a bad ass catcher.

I throw a third ball and all I hear is a clang from the bat and people screaming their asses off. I look at where the ball is going and it's heading straight to Dallas.

He catches it but drops it. Man way to go. "Shit." I mumble, making it clear I said what I said.

I groan as I watch Blake heading to 2nd base. I said be smart Dallas, not fucking stupid. This guy does everything I tell him not to do.

Told you, this is going the be a long inning.

a/n
sorry if this chapter is kind of sloppy, i have no motivation whatsoever. this chapter is seriously the worst one i wrote, but i hope you enjoyed it.

Rai<34.