Eques

[A/N: Hello my readers! I apologize for such a late upload. This weekend had already been quite crazy for me! Thank you for your understanding and your patience. I love you all and hope that you enjoy this next chapter! -K 🖤]

[🌌This chapter is long and contains angst.🌌
***
My cheek rested in the palm of my hand as I stared at the mostly empty letter before me. Over the span of an hour, I had written draft after draft, yet not one letter was even close to what I had hoped would be sufficient enough as a response.

I twirled the feathery quill around my fingers as my eyes drifted to my paintings that rested on the solid, sodden desk I sat behind. A soft smile grew more defined on my lips as I recognized the beautiful face that had continuously stared at me nightly and often plagued my dreams.

For some reason unknown to me, I had been prophetically painting Poe, my pilot, for weeks prior to finally meeting him yesterday.

I chewed on my lip as I remembered our fateful meeting where he had so gracefully fallen from a tree in the courtyard to where I was silently standing and watching him in awe.

Quiet giggles escaped me as I reminisced over his strange customs in greeting me. I hardly understood what he had said, but whatever it was, it was simply fascinating to me.

I wanted to learn about him and study his customs and culture, fervently listening about what he had seen during his extensive travels and explorations of the galaxy.

That would be my next task after I had finished this letter, which was being requested to be finished immediately by my mother. I dipped the quill into the pot of obsidian ink and sighed, leaning over the paper and writing once more.

Tears of unadulterated sadness filled my eyes once more as I made the choice to continue writing to the Prince who would, if possible, affectionately offer  the entire universe to me as his Queen.

But I truly didn't have a choice.

Dearest Prince,

I have received your multiple and charismatic letters describing your innate interest for my hand. I am flattered and honored to be the recipient of your affections.

Your words, although finite, are powerful and full of promises that I truly hope you plan on keeping faithfully. Your fervent requests for a response have prosed that I finally answer your long awaited question.

I would first prefer to personally invite you to the gala in two days' time, otherwise referred to as my 24th year celebration. It would be an honor to receive you as a guest.

As for an answer, dear Prince, I have arrived at a conclusion. I am officially accepting your

A sudden howl of laughter stole my attention from completing the letter. I hurriedly replaced my white-feathered quill into the ink pot and stood from my seat, leaning to peek out of my bedroom window that offered a beautiful view, as well as introduced the raging sunlight into my personal quarters.

I covered my uncontrollable grin with my hands as I observed Poe and BB-8 in the open partition of the grass beneath my window. Poe was tossing some sort of object that BB-8 would excitedly retrieve and bring back to him.

My hand pressed against the glass as I watched them continue their moment of blissful fun, wishing I could join them and momentarily escape from this prison that was otherwise my home.

My ecstatic smile faded as Poe apparently noticed that he was being stared at from above. His eyes abruptly searched up the side of the castle until he found my lonesome figure standing idle against the glass, admiring him and BB-8.