Chapter 1-Mission Briefing

Dick, Jason, Tim, and Damian were eating dinner peacefully in the kitchen when Bruce walks in. He raises an eyebrow, it's quiet, too quiet for his boys.

"What's going on?" Bruce asks, the boys look at each other but none of them say anything, instead Afred speaks up.

"Master Bruce, the boys have made a bet that whoever speaks first has to confess to their crush." Alfred supplies the reason for why the boys are so quiet.

Bruce nods. "Alright. Well you might want to set aside your bet for a while. I have some news you all need to hear."

The boys look between each other and they all nod, agreeing to put their bet aside for now.

"Now then, the Court of Owls is after you guys."

Jason rolls his eyes. "When are they not?"

Tim elbows Jason and Bruce continues, "They made a public announcement and have a bounty on each of your heads, as Bruce Wayne's sons, not superhero's. There will be many assassins after you guys now."

"Father I don't see the issue, we can handle ourselves against some assassins." Damian states with his arms crossed.

"Yeah, plus we have you and Alfred." Dick chirps in with a smile, he's had a bounty on his head ever since he became Batman's partner, he's honestly used to dealing with assassins by now.

Bruce sighs and shakes his head. "I have a mission off world and Alfred needs to attend some important business in Britain. We won't be here to help you guys. So I decided the Young Justice team shall be staying here to protect you all."

"We don't need protection from a bunch of teenagers!" Jason slams his hands on the table while standing up quickly.

"Look Jason, I don't want this as much as you do but we have to protect our image. In the public's eye you are a bunch of children that have no idea how to fight." Bruce states and gives Jason a nasty bat glare which makes him sit down grumbling.

"But what about the whole you know, me being Nightwing thing while on the team?" Dick asks gently, not wanting a bat glare to be sent his way as well.

"I'm telling the team you are going with me on the off world mission. No you can not expose your identity to any of them. That goes for all of you, got it?" Bruce asks sternly and they all nod and speaking in unison "yes sir."

"Good, I'll be going to tell the team the news and they'll be here tonight. Go hide all the hidden bat stuff around the house so they don't accidentally find it and question it." And with that Bruce leaves to go give the Young Justice team their new mission. The boys on the other hand start rioting once Bruce leaves.

"This is so unfair! We don't need babysitters!" Tim throws his hands in the air.

"For once I agree with Drake, we don't need babysitters." Damian huffs.

"Dick you gotta talk him out of this." Jason begs Dick.

Dick sighs and gets up. "Guys come on, this is for our reputations. You know we have to keep up personas. You don't have to act super nice and preppy like at gala's, you can relax around the team. It'll be okay."

"Oh yeah? And what about you?" Jason asks.

"I'll do what I have to do to keep my identity a secret from the team." Dick states. "Now let's clean up and hide all of our weapons. I better not see any out of the cave while the team is here, got it?" The three other boys groan but nod, getting up to hide their bat gear.

———

The young Justice team, except for Nightwing, were hanging out in the mountain. It was a nice Saturday morning and for once it was quiet, everyone was doing their own thing.

That is until Batman entered the mountain, everyone quickly getting up from what they were doing and following him to the mission room after just saying two words, "mission briefing."

"Gotham's billionaire Bruce Wayne has four sons, Richard Grayson, Jason Todd, Timothy Drake, and Damian Wayne. Each and every one of them have at least a million dollar bounty on their heads assigned by the Court of Owls. Normally I wouldn't assign this mission to you but Bruce Wayne specifically asked for you guys as he knows his sons would not be happy with dealing with the Justice league. You will be staying with the four for at least a month if not more. His sons will be homeschooled for the time being so your mission is to keep them safe from any harm excluding what they do to each other." Batman states and everyone nods but Wally raises a question.

"Where's Nightwing, shouldn't he be here for this?"

"Nightwing will be joining me off world so he will not be coming along on this mission." Batman states dismissively. A whole month without Nightwing is going to suck, plus he's stuck with babysitting a bunch of rich kids, his luck is the absolute worse.

"You will need to be at Bruce Wayne's place by 6 tonight. I suggest you meet up here and take the bioship there. Dismissed." And with that Batman leaves while he makes a call.

Everyone looks between themselves and Wally groans, dragging his hands down his face. "A whole month with snobby rich kids! This is going to be the worst!"

"I agree with kid, this is going to be terrible." Artemis nods, rarely do they agree on anything.

"I think this will be a fun learning experience for us all!" M'gann says cheerfully and Superboy nods as well.

"Let's get ready for this mission, shall we?" Kaldur says and everyone nods, going off to go get a month's load of stuff to pack.