Simple Song

Third POV:

Rapunzel stared at the large room that multiple workers were starting to decorate. "Well, this is just as boring as every other time I've had to do this." Rosalie said from next to Rapunzel with a bored expression and her arms crossed over her chest.

"Are you sure all of these decorations are necessary? They seem rather...corny." Rapunzel said as she saw a giant swan statue being moved to a corner of the room.

"Unfortunately, yes they are. When it comes to balls, they have to be 'absolutely perfect without a single piece of fabric out of place.'" Rosalie said imitating what her father had told both girls.

"I would much rather not even have a ball. They're boring and all of the people I'd want to hang out with are working or not invited at all. Being stuck with a bunch of royalty is never ideal." Rosalie said and Rapunzel looked at her shocked.

"What do you mean people aren't invited? Everyone should have been invited." Rapunzel said and Rosalie looked at her surprised. "They didn't tell you?" The other shook her head no. "Balls are typically for royals, dukes, nobles, everyone that could possibly have any sort of power. Civilians aren't invited and are only allowed in if they're working." She said and Rapunzel looked completely stunned.

"Princess', where would you like these?" The well known young alchemist asked as he carried two large baskets full of many different flowers and herbs. His witchy girlfriend was next to him. She wore a long sleeved black shirt with a black and white pin striped skirt with black boots. She held one basket with both hands as she stared at all of the decorations in awe.

"Anywhere is fine!" Rosalie said and the alchemist nodded and carefully took the basket from his girlfriend without her noticing

"Anywhere is fine!" Rosalie said and the alchemist nodded and carefully took the basket from his girlfriend without her noticing. "Wow, everything looks so fancy and formal!" (Y/n) said as she looked around the room and looking down at her hands confused as to where her basket went.

"I've never seen anything like this before. Is this what all balls look like?" (Y/n) asked both princess' and Rosalie nodded.

"Wait, so no one from town was invited to the ball? But what about all of the friends you've made while you were here? They won't be able to say goodbye to you and Elizabeth at the ball." Rapunzel said and Rosalie shrugged her shoulders. "Elizabeth and I are actually trying to make a plan for both of us to sneak out." Rapunzel sighed and shook her head.