𝘡𝘌𝘙𝘖 𝘐𝘐

"...ꜰᴏʀᴄᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴀᴅᴜʟᴛꜱ ᴛᴏᴏ ꜱᴏᴏɴ. "

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

𝘉𝘌𝘍𝘖𝘙𝘌

Years had passed since that night. Yo Seo-Yun had fleed, leaving everything and everyone behind without a word. The child had wandered from village to village, never staying in one place for too long. As time continued, the once bright and childlike wonder faded from Seo-Yun's eyes replaced by a cold hardness only someone who has fought in a war would have. In a way, Seo-Yun has fought in one, a war of survival. She has experienced what the monsters of the world can do, she has taken lives, and seen the life fade from their eyes. Seo-Yun no longer smiled like she once had, no longer trusted like she used to but at least she was still alive.

"Miss!" A child exclaimed, knocking Seo-Yun out of her daze. She looked up to see two children speeding towards her, for the last few months Seo-Yun had been living and working for a couple on their farm. They lived miles away from any village in a peaceful field, Seo-Yun had stumbled across their home when she was near death and the lovers took her under their roof and nursed Seo-Yun back to health. They could see the turmoil and trauma in Seo-Yun's eyes and decided to give her a chance. So she worked at their farm and in return, they had given her a small hut to live in and food. And although Seo-Yun never spoke about herself, she always displayed her gratitude for the family in silent gestures, their children Da-Bin and Song-Min instantly took a liking to the older female. Although Seo-Yun never verbalised it, the two siblings had weaselled their way into her heart.

"Da-Bin, Song-Min. What is the matter?" Seo-Yun asked at the terrified looked on the children's faces, her form tense.

"T-There's s-strange m-men hurting- m-mother and fa-father." Seo-Yun's heart quickened at the and she rushed into action, in a split second the young woman ushered the siblings inside her hut into a hidden closet she had built herself a month ago.

"I need you to listen to me. Hide in here and do not come out, not until I come back. Do not make any noises. Do you understand me?" The weeping children nooded before Seo-Yun shoved them into the closet. The woman reached into her boot and pulled out a hunter's knife, she handed it to Song-Min and placed it in his shaky hand.

"Remember what I taught you Song-Min. Only use this if you need to." Song-Min release a cry but nodded. Seo-Yun softly brushed the hair from their faces and pressed a soft kiss on their foreheads before pulling away.