New member(s)

The next day, you were seriously thinking about staying in bed and skipping class. Even when your mom forced you out of bed and sent you out, you were still thinking of just not going to school. Maybe find a bench and sit on it all day while scrolling through your phone. Yet your muscle memory took you on the same path you'd take everyday. You were out of breath, and as you saw the school building in the distance, you felt this knot growing inside your stomach. The baseball team's words echoed in your mind and it made you grip your bag's straps tighter. How are you supposed to present yourself after that? Do you just give up? Or do you keep on being agressive?
'Wonder which one of these option is the most pathetic...' you sighed.

"(L/n)-san!"
Someone behind you placed their hand on your shoulder. You felt your heart drop and immediately turned around with a glare that could kill.
"Don't fuckin' touch me!"
"Keeee!" the poor young man jumped back. "I-I'm so sorry! I called out for you a couple of times but you didn't respond I'm deeply sorry!" he bowed a bunch of times.
You recognized him from the club room yesterday, he was even holding a football. Meanwhile, the students passing by you two were feeling bad for him as you kept glaring at him. It would seem you've picked option two without even realizing it, going back to your default setting of being Deimon's little imp.
"What do you want?" you sternly asked, folding your arms and taking a step back, creating a distance between you two.

"I'm sorry." he stood back up, scratching the back of his head with an awkward smile. "I just saw you going to school and I thought that...maybe we could go together." he tried looking at you, but your glare made him look away. "S-since, you know, w-we're club mates now."
Your face twisted in cringe.
"That doesn't mean we're besties, even less that we have to talk to each-other now."
"Y-You're so right! I'm so sorry for assuming!" he bowed again.
'This has to be an act. No one is *that* awkward.'
"But...I never got to introduce myself." he stood back up and smiled more genuinely. "I'm Kobayakawa Sena, it's nice to meet."
"Did I ask?"
"Ah! N-no, you're right! I'm sorry!' he bowed again. "I'll try not to get in your way anymore!"
You clicked your tongue and turned back around. You silently walked the rest of the way with Sena not far behind. At some point, you glanced back and could see him holding the football from multiple different angles. It made you wonder, was this guy a player? He was built like a stick.

You approached the school gates and suddenly froze.
"Huh?" Sena noticed and stopped as well, looking ahead. "The baseball team?" he mumbled.
As soon as you saw the guys from yesterday, walking towards the school as well but from the other side, you completely forgot about Sena. At that moment, a million scenarios of what your next step would be went through your head. Meanwhile, they were talking to each-other.
"Ayo, where's the ball boy?"
"He arrived earlier to practice."
Hiding, running away, the one that you leaned towards the most was setting the record straight and actually punching one of them. But you literally didn't have the strength to do that.
"Man, as if that would change anything."
"Still, now we don't have to take all the equipment out. That's less work for us."
Maybe you could jump onto them, crushing them Kurita-style.
"He is a good handyman for sure."
"He really is!"

They began to laugh, but stopped midway and froze when they saw you. You gulped and praised yourself for the beginning of this nightmare, ready to put up a fight. But then, their faces became paler, they began to shake like leaves.
"We're... We're so sorry!!!" they shouted at the same time before running inside the school.
Now that was an unexpected turn of event that left you extremely confused, same for Sena as well. Curious, he walked up to be beside you, to ask about what just happened. But then he saw you taking a deep breath, looking relieved.
"Are... Are you okay?"
"Now what did you say?!" you pointed at him and glared.
"T-To not get in your way!" he leaned back.
"Exactly, keep doing that!"
'I just escaped a situation. No more slip ups from here on out!'
"I'm sorry..." he mumbled.