Chapter 22: That's a Lie

Quick reminder:

Fujisaki Shin Alexis Alphenhide

Miyamoto Haru Darcel Leroux

Aikawa Ren Lucius Angetré

--------------

Darcel left the room in a hurry, "Darcel! You can't slam the door and drag me out of there, that was very rude to His Grace." Lucius was berating him even though he was letting Darcel drag him along. "There was no reason for you to storm out like that."

For some reason, Darcel was trying to suppress a smile that was threatening to break out, the corners of his mouth were beginning to curl upwards. Struggling to bring out the anger he was supposed to feel, his voice wavered as he spoke, "What? You want to hear him talk about that person? Don't tell me you've gone soft Lucius." The sneer in his voice sounded strange but in a moment like this, Lucius didn't question it, "Didn't we come here for a second chance so why should we be reminded of the past?"

"The past can't be forgotten that easily and considering how... how much of an impact he had on Alexis, even if a decade has passed, do you really think he would be able to forget about him so quickly?" Darcel felt frustrated but for the wrong reasons, it wasn't that he was angry with the fact that Shin-kun couldn't forget about him, it was something else. "I understand why you're upset but like you said, we're here in this world, we have never left his side. Even if we eventually have to bring him home, there's still time here, in this world too."

Darcel bit back his words, his lips were becoming blood red from how much he was chewing on them, 'Stop. Stop it here while you can. Don't think about undoing everything you've done up until now. Stop focusing on everything that he does, everything that he says, he's not going to look at you.'

He continued to mask his true feelings, "You want me to believe in something that even you can't guarantee? Were you not there when that all happened? Did you not see Alexis?" Darcel knew he was misplaying his anger but he could tell that he was losing control over his emotions. "Do you not feel jealous over the fact Alexis has someone else in his heart? It's more than just a simple white moonlight."

"Lucius, I thought you knew..."

'You feel jealous about him loving someone else... then what about me, the one you never looked at?'

Lucius's eyes softened, pain was slowly seeping into his voice, "Of course I know. I was there too..." His retreating voice snapped Darcel out of his anger, finally realising how hurtful his words were.

"Lu... I didn't mean to take it out on you..."

'I... I know how much you love him...'

"It's okay Darc, I know." He reached over to pat his head, expecting Darcel to slap his hand away. But he became docile, letting Lucius gently comfort him.

'Why?... Why are you always doing things that make me misunderstand? Why are you making me love you more? I don't want you to find out about these feelings. Especially for you, who only loves Fujisaki-san.'

From an outsider's perspective, it wouldn't make sense for the two of them, who were 'rivals in love' to get along so well even if they were friends. Typically, jealousy and resentment would develop between all three of them but for some reason, none of this has occurred.

But there was also something underlying beneath it all, something Darcel... no. Something Haru has continued to hide even till now, in their second world together.

'I wish my heart would stop beating so much over such a little thing. I wish I didn't see him this way, I wish that I wouldn't have to pretend to be okay with everything, watching everything with a smile on my face.'