육십일(61): Overthinking

DAY 200

JENNIE

It's already 12 midnight and I can't sleep. The clock seems louder with every passing second, tick tock repeating over and over again, like a haunting sound.

I sigh, maybe the reason why is because it keeps on reminding me how late it is and that I should be sleeping.

Already a whole hour has passed. Time flies so fast. I hear a rustling sound and arms wrapping around me, snaking around my waist.

My stomach has the same fluttering sensation. No matter how long we're together or how many times my wife does the same actions to show her love, I'll always get the best feeling.

I love her so much, and it scares me sometimes.

I flipped my body over so my face was facing Lalisa's chest then start to nuzzle my face into her chest.

I sighed once again.

If only she knew the reason I stayed up all night, she will get worried.

This week, more than ever, I've been feeling self-conscious about our relationship. Staying up all night thinking and thinking endlessly.

What if Lalisa comes from a family that competes with mine? What if she didn't agree to try falling in love with me? What if she needs to leave? What if her true identity will separate us? What if my love for her is not enough to make us tied to each other forever?

Back when I and Lalisa had this boss and secretary relationship. She doesn't care so much about me and she is always this carefree person who does whatever crosses her mind.

She values her freedom a lot. She's living her life to the fullest.

She prefers eating lunch with Krystal, Seulgi Bambam, and Jisoo's secretary, Nancy.

She leaves me every time I'm in the middle of eating my lunch. Then she will be running to the cafeteria and her food is already on the table since her friends prepared it for her.

Lalisa looks so happy every time she is with her friends, unlike me. I only see her so happy with me when we are inside her apartment, tickling me and wiping me with her dirty coat to face my germaphobic side.