| xxviii ; the sorcerer killer

"No luck. It won't even budge."

Ino stared at Yuji after he witnessed his strength, "G-Good try."

"It's an incredibly sturdy veil," Megumi stated his observation. "We have to find a weak spot and try and make a hole there."

"There's no point if we can't even get inside," Y/N said.

"What? Why?" Yuji questioned.

"This veil is prohibiting sorcerers from entering. It's like a barrier. They're meant for protection and providing cover, right? In theory, the one who cast the veil should be inside," Y/N explained to him.

"But at Harajuku-"

"I see!" Ino suddenly exclaimed. "By staying outside the veil, the caster increases the risk of being seen or attacked. But in return, the veil's strength increases."

"Like the egg of Colombus," Akina added.

"But that ignores the basics of barrier techniques," Akio crossed his arms. "They must be some crazy people. That's probably why Itadori's punch didn't work."

"Taking that assumption into account, then the source will be somewhere obvious," Megumi continued on.

Y/N looked around before she realised it. "That's it! Shibuya S Tower!"

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

22:01, SHIBUYA S TOWER.

"I wonder if the sorcerers will notice..." mumbled Jiro Awasaka, who was currently looking down on the city. "This is the most obvious place inside this veil, right?"

"Probably," said the grandson of Ogami. "But even if they notice..."

"Yeah," Jiro agreed without needing him to complete his sentence. "The bottom of the tower is swarming with transfigured humans. I doubt they'd be able to get up here so quickly."

Suddenly, in the blink of an eye, Nue had appeared behind Ogami's grandson, catching everyone by surprise. Ino and Yuji rode on Nue's back and the latter has a string attached to the shikigami which was gifted to him by Maki.

Nue went in one direction and Yuji went to the other, using the wire to wrap up all the Curse Users at once.

Ogami managed to be saved by her grandson, although Jiro was swept off the building.

Y/N appeared from Ino's shadow and looked at the ground, spotting the cursed object which was imbued by a barrier technique. She destroyed it immediately, but soon noticed two more holes into the ground.

"Yuji! He has the other two! Get him!" She shouted.

"Working on it!" He shouted back as he further wrapped Jiro with the wire before snapping it. "Fushiguro! Deactivate Nue!"

Yuji dived into building while Jiro was left to fall to the ground over forty stories high. Back at the top of the tower, Ino and Y/N stood side by side, facing off Ogami and her grandson.

"My grandchild," Ogami said.

"Yeah, I got this Grandma," He replied and walked a few steps forward.