48

More sounds of crashing and breaking could be heard outside the temple.

You and Caide had not left the bathroom since it was the only place in the house without a window.

Caide sighed again as he leaned against the wall.

"Come here.. let me tend to your wounds" you told him again and he refused.
"I'd rather die"
"Caide!! Stop being so stubborn!!"
"Would you had really went with him?" Caide came closer and you sat up straight as he placed his hand on the back of the toilet.
"It's over with now Caide.."
"Don't bullshit me Y/n.."
"Stop cussing at me!!" You yelled at him and he scoffed.

"Would you had really left me?"
His voice sounded almost hurt.

"I was conflicted okay.." you told him and he stood up.
"I didn't want to do this, but it's come down to it.." he sighed and you stood up aswell.
"What are you talking about?"
"There's a way to get rid of a spirit for good.. but they won't be able to reincarnate. They'll just disappear, soul and all.."
"What?!" You yelled and pushed Caide against the wall, "We're not doing that!! We're not going to erase Vice from existence!!"

He grabbed both your wrist and slammed you into the wall.

"You don't have a say so anymore!!" he glared at you with a serious tone. You both were almost chest to chest as your legs were entangled. You could feel his knee resting between your mid thighs.
"Why not?!" you yelled back as tears formed and he laughed.
"Why? Don't be stupid.. you know exactly why! We have a possessed and deranged Lance outside trying to kill us. I'm doing this to protect us!" he brought himself a little closer and you turned your head.

Caide saw your conflicted frown.

"Hey.." He said softly as he turned your head. He looked into your eyes, "You said it yourself, he's dead. There's nothing you can do to change that. I have no idea what you two were talking about earlier with memories, but it's in the past.."

You set your cheek in the palm of his hand.

"Caide.. he doesn't deserve it.."
"Sometimes bad things happen to good people. Doesn't mean he can just snatch you away aswell.."
"But.." you started but Caide stopped you.
"We have to do this. We'll rest tonight but tomorrow night, we'll head to the cemetery"
"We have to wait a whole day?!" You asked and he smirked.
"What? You don't love me anymore? Or are you scared something might happen~"

You rolled your eyes at his teasing.

"What about Vice?"
"He'll give up trying to get in the temple eventually.. we'll have to be stealthy" he added.
"What's the plan?"

Caide let you go and sat down on the toilet.

"I have to take the staff.. and stab it into the head of his corpse" he told you calmly but you were disgusted.
"Caide!!"
"I don't make the rules.. his nasty corpse is  gross"

*CRASH*

More glass broke and you both sighed.
You sat on Caides lap and he smiled at you.

"What are you doing? It's inappropri-"
"Don't care, didn't ask" you said quickly as you threw your arms around him, "I'm tired.."
"And stinky.." he added with a laugh and you quickly sat up.
"Well you don't smell the greatest either!! You're so sweaty!" you insulted and he pulled you close.
"Oh yeah?"
"Yeah.." you smiled as he leaned in.

Almost naturally you kissed but only for a moment before you pulled back.

"What's wrong?" he asked.
"It doesn't feel right.." you mumbled.
"I can make it feel right if you let me~"
"Shut up! Who are you?" you laughed as you pushed at him.

...

You both sat in there for awhile just laying against each other.
After an hour, Caide went outside to check and Vice was gone.

"Damn it.. why me?" Caide asked as he picked up the glass.
"Caide I can't stand being this dirty!" you complained but he did not care.
"Deal with it, he might come back and we won't be caught lacking"
"But Caide!! I'm all sticky and I have dried blood on me.."
"I don't care.. I said stay inside" he told you as he set the glass on the table.

He started putting them together like a puzzle and you huffed upset.

Vice is trying to kill me, but he's gone for now.
It'll be fine..

Caides ears were alarmed as he heard clothing drop on the ground.

"Y/n!!" he yelled your name as he turned. He instantly covered his eyes as you stripped the rest of your dirty clothing. "W-What are you doing?!"
"I told you taking a shower.."
"I said no! It's dangerous!" he yelled and you got in running position.
"I'll be in and out.. watch.."

You began to count down as if you were racing to the stream.
The sun was setting, but you've showered at night in the stream before.

When you got to one, you took off but screamed as you were caught by Caide.

"C-Caide!! Let go of me!!" you yelled embarrassed and he took you to the bedroom. He almost threw you on the mat and you quickly covered up.

Shit.. I did not think he would do that..

He was standing above you looking at the ceiling with his hands on his hips.
You couldn't tell whether his face was red from the dried blood or if he was just flustered.

"What is wrong with you.." he mumbled covering his face but you were the embarrassed one.
"What is wrong with you!! Who said you could touch me!?" you yelled flustered and he shot his head at you.
"Well who said you could strip infront of me?! I told you you couldn't go out there!!"
"What?! You're the one who said I stink!!"
"I was joking.. you smell nice as usual.." he sighed before he started laughing.

"H-Huh?? What's funny?" You asked a bit insecure and he just covered his mouth as he laughed some more.
"What is wrong with you.. god woman you're gonna kill me.." he grinned as he started undressing.
"C-Caide!! What are you doing?!"

"I need a shower too.. let's race!"

❤️