𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙀𝙉

☆彡𝙈𝙞𝙡𝙛 𝙒𝙞𝙛𝙚彡☆

𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙏𝙚𝙣
𝙊𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙤𝙪𝙨 𝙁𝙚𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙨

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

❝Do I look like I care?❞

YOU FINISHED PUTTING on your work clothes so you can go to work. Shiu has contacted you about a job proposal that would earn you a lot of money. Apparently, a few demons were attacking one of the modern cities and you have to go there immediately to arrive there in a matter of a day by train. A rich family is willing to pay you a lot of money on the behalf of the city's wealthy community if you killed those demons.

It was noon and before you leave, you sat down beside Megumi who was sleeping soundly with a wet cloth on his forehead. His puppies were sleeping beside him to- quote on quote- protect him.

He had a fever since yesterday, probably because of the dogs splashing water at him while playing outside

He had a fever since yesterday, probably because of the dogs splashing water at him while playing outside. He didn't change his clothes and it was a bit chilly in the garden. However, he would be fine by evening because of the medicine the doctor provided to you. Normally you wouldn't let him stay with Uzui or your co-wives and force Shiu to babysit him, but he was accompanying you since he knows those modern cities more than you. You sighed and placed your hand on his head, "Sorry Dumpling, I'm doing this for you. Once I return, we will go out only the two of us and visit your dad." You thought as you stood up, leaving the room after giving one last glance at Megumi.

For some reason, you have a bad feeling about leaving him behind with them.

You pushed away those feelings and proceeded to exit the house. You were surprised to see Uzui, Suma, Hinatsuru, and Makio standing by the entrance. You raised an eyebrow at them when you saw them standing there, "What's the matter?" You asked, waiting for them to reply.

"W-We just wanted to say goodbye and wish you best of luck in your mission." Suma said, stuttering slightly. You didn't say anything and just stared at them, how did they know about your job? Your green eyes trailed to Uzui who was looking tad serious about it, "I told them about your work." You didn't speak up at first and just sighed deeply.

"It doesn't matter."

Hinatsuru approached you and placed her hand gently on your shoulder, "We won't judge you for killing demons by yourself, Y/N. We all do this to protect the people from them." She said, giving you a soft smile. Makio gave a firm nod, "Yup! Even if you're doing this to get money, we still share the same gaol and will support you no matter what." She gave you a confident smirk while placing her hands on her hips.

"Hehe..."

The three wives and Uzui stared at you when they heard your chuckle, "Whatever, but... thanks." You said with faint smile on your lips. The four of them blushed when they saw that it was a smile not a smirk, plus it's the first time you show gratitude to them. Uzui felt his heart skip a beat when he saw the small smile, he knew you would be very beautiful when you smile like this.

However, your smile was replaced by your cold look again, "Anyway, I will trust you with Megumi. Take good care of him and don't forget his medicine. Don't make me regret my decision." You coldly said while squinting your eyes, the three wives nodded in understanding.

Uzui sighed and approached you, "I want to go with you, Y/N. I don't trust that guy at all." He said, frowning in jealousy. You rolled your eyes in slight annoyance, "Shiu is just work partner, not even a friend. Also, don't you have a mission to finish?" He couldn't reply to you and just looked away.

You chuckled with huff, "Don't worry, you know I can just snap his neck if he tried anything." You assured him and he seemed to be convinced a little bit.

Just then, a majestic sparrowhawk landed on your shoulder. It was brown in color with sharp yellow eyes. The hawk was a male and your son found him when he was small. You trained the hawk to send letters and guide you to places from above, he was pretty useful and Megumi also like him.

The hawk let out a loud screech that made your co-wives and husband cover their ears, thankfully you were used to his yelling

The hawk let out a loud screech that made your co-wives and husband cover their ears, thankfully you were used to his yelling. "What is this? Why there's a giant bird on your shoulder?" Makio exclaimed, pointing at the hawk. The said bird tilted his head to the side as if trying to understand what she was saying, "This is a sparrowhawk, Megumi named him Nue. I use him in my missions and to gaurd around our old house." You explained, petting Nue on the head.

"Anyway, I need to go. Shiu is probably waiting. I will be gone for just a week."

Saying that, you started to leave the house. "Be careful Y/N!" Suma exclaimed, waving her hand. You left that house and went to meet your partner in a village that has train station there. However, those weird feelings still lingering in your heart. Was it because it's the first time you actually leave Megumi under the wives' care? You didn't know and just proceeded to run toward the village with Nue guiding you.

Once you arrived there, you could see Shiu waiting for you in front of the train station. Obviously he was pissed off, "You took too long." He said, tapping his foot in annoyance. You shrugged your shoulders as you approached him, "Family farewell, what did expect?" You stated and the black haired man just sigh.

"Anyway, let's move on. We are already late."

You nodded and turned to Nue, "Watch over the house, especially Megumi. If anything happens, come to me." You ordered and the hawk just let out a loud screech of understanding before flying toward the Uzui household. Nue will get you just in case if anything happened in your absence. This eased your worry a bit, but still... You were feeling ominous for letting Megumi stay with them.

Hopefully nothing goes wrong while you're away.