chapter-32 Jealous..!

Karthik's POV

I was working peacefully until Arjun, and Shyam barged into my office.

"Come on, Sid we are going out," Arjun commented and Shyam closed my laptop.

"Where?" I exclaimed, trying to open my laptop again.

"We planned a get together with our gang and this time Pavni and Mansi are also coming," Shyam replied.

"And you are telling me now?" I glared at them.

They smiled sheepishly and dragged me out.

I told Megha that I will go home early and these bastards planned this. I followed them in a sulky mood and texted Megha that I will be late.

"Hi, Sid," they all greeted me and I greeted them back.

In college we were a gang but only Arjun and Shyam are my best friends who really know me like an open book.

We started talking about random things and they all were laughing but me; I am missing my wife. I looked at my phone again for the 100th time to see if she replied but no.

"Someone is missing his wife," Arjun whispered teasingly, and I glared at him.

Before I could say anything to him, he got a call and excused himself and went out to take a call.

Mansi sat beside me and we all started talking about our college days. She cracked some jokes, and I forced a smile.

While we were cracking jokes, the private room door opened, and I looked in that direction thinking it's Arjun but to my surprise it's Megha who came along with Arjun.

She looked at me, and our eyes met in the air. She is looking madly at me. Is she jealous?

Arjun walked in by holding her hand and she followed him, locking her eyes on me.

"Who is this, Arjun?" Viraj asked him.

"Megha," Shyaam mumbled.

"Do you know her?" This question came from Pavni.

"Hi brother," Megha greeted Shyam with a smile.

They all looked at her, confused.

"Let me introduce her, she is Megha, my sister," Arjun said, and Shyam sneered, "then who am I?"

"Ok our sister", Arjun chuckled. "And Megha he is Santhosh, Viraaj, Anandh and Anil and her name is Pavni and she is Mansi who sat beside Karthik," he introduced.

"Hi", she greeted everyone, smiling at everyone, but didn't even glance at me.

"Looks like you are all having fun," she commented, and I could hear mockery in her voice.

"Miss. Sehari," Anil called out, surprised.

"Yeah, Mr. Anil, I thought you forgot me and guess I am wrong. Anyway, hello," she greeted.

"Sorry," he mumbled slowly but audibly to everyone.

"Hey it's ok, Mr. Anil. I can understand your situation," she replied, and he looked somewhat guilty.

"What happened?" I asked, getting all the attention.

"Yeah, what happened, princess?" Arjun also asked.

"Why are you apologizing to her?" Mansi asked Anil.

"It's just an old issue. Leave it," Megha replied, looking at Arjun. She still didn't look at me.

"What the fuck actually happened?" I growled, but she remained silent.

"I am asking you something, Megha," I exclaimed a little loudly, and her eyes met mine.