chapter-33 Anniversary event

Megha's POV

They asked me if I love my husband. I looked at my husband, who was already looking at me. Who wouldn't love him?

"I love him so much," I said, looking straight into his eyes.

"I love him with all his faults and merits...
I love him with all his flaws and highs....
I love him with all his strengths and weaknesses...
I love him with all his mistakes and regrets...
I love him, only him, not with one quality, but wholesome...
I love the way he looks at me...
I love the way he cares for me...
I love the way he respects me... Respect my choices... Respect my decisions...
It doesn't matter if he is the CEO of a big company or not...
It doesn't matter if he is rich or poor,
I just love him...
I don't care if he loves me or not but I still love him...
I want to be with him in all his successes and failures...
I want to be with him in all his happiness and sadness...
I want to be with him... Be for him... And I'm always there for him...
I don't expect him to love me back with the same intensity because it's not a business or give and take policy...
My love for him is selfless...
I love him with all my heart and soul."

I confessed my love without breaking eye contact with him. He looked shocked; I think he didn't expect this.

Without uttering a word, he pulled me by my waist and slammed his lips over mine in a passionate kiss.

I heard giggles from Arjun and Shyam and gasps from the remaining people but who cares.

He left my lips, then pecked my forehead and a bright smile plastered my face.

"Sid, what are you doing? She is married, for fuck's sake," Viraj exclaimed.

"Yeah, Megha, why didn't you stop him?" Mansi hissed and jealousy is evident on her face.

"I am her husband," Karthik declared, holding my hand.

"What?" they all exclaimed in shock.

"Meet my wife, Megha Karthikeya Roy," Karthik said, resting his hand on my lower back and dragging me more to him.

And He is hot for that.

"Is it true?" Viraj asked.

"Yeah," I smiled sheepishly.

"Then why don't you both tell us before?" it's Pavni who asked. Mansi is not talking about anything. Her expression looked painful. Does she have feelings for my husband?

"We fought yesterday, and we both were mad at each other, that's why," I tried to convince them.

"But why didn't you invite us for your wedding and there is no news on the internet too?" Anandh asked, this time looking at Karthik.

"It's an unplanned wedding," I replied, instead of him.

"And about the Internet, we didn't release news because of some personal issues," he commented.

"Anyway congratulations," Pavni and Santhosh said, and Anandh also gave a chorus.
"I am sorry," Viraj apologized to me and my husband.

"It's ok," I replied.

Then Viraj and Anil also congratulated us. Only Mansi didn't react.

"So, you guys know this before?" Pavni asked Arjun and Shyam.

Arjun bit his tongue playfully, and Shyam shrugged.

After spending some time with them we returned to our home. He hasn't said anything to me till now and I also didn't initiate conversation.

I changed into comfortable clothes and went to bed. After some time, the bed dipped, indicating he came to bed. As my back is facing him, I can't see his face.