Kyros

Chapter 2

Yuno awoke covered in blood. The sword was in her right hand and on her left was a large white shield decorated with a white dragon. In front of her was a destroyed dojo she remembered being in before she blacked out.

She looked through the rubble, seeing Daisho Ryo's body lying under a pile of roofing tiles. She quickly ran to his side, pulling tiles away as she dug him out. Tears streamed down her face as she bowed before her lord.

"We shall go into the mountains." Whispered a voice.

"Who's there?" She said as she quickly stood waving her sword around looking for the voice.

"I am the Storm Dragon, Kyros. Imprisoned in your sword." Kyros said through Yuno's mind.

" The monk's spirit inside the shield keeps me from devouring your soul and taking over your body, but I still can communicate with you." Kyros continued as Yuno stared in amazement at the sword.

She shifted her gaze to the large tower shield, it was floating near her following her movements as she backed away from it.

"The damned monk keeps me sealed inside the sword. Destroy the shield and let me be free." Kyros bellowed from inside Yuno's head.

"No!" She yelled as she threw the blade away.

The sword flew out of her hand. It twirled as it flew down the mountainside. As it disappeared into the snowy woods below she heard Kyros in her head.

"You will not be rid of me that easily Yuno."

Dark smoke began to erupt from the sheath of the blade that had wrapped itself to her during her sleep. With a crackle of lightning from the smoke, The Black Dragon Sword materialized in its sheath.

"We are bound together." Kyros sighed.

"Head further into the mountains. I may not be able to control you but do as I say and we will rule Kamiru. Your lord is slain, if you return to Karui they will execute you. Follow me and we will obtain great power."

Deciding that Kyros was right, she couldn't return to Karui, Yuno began stumbling along the path moving further into the mountains above, the White Dragon Shield floating behind her.

The path slowly disappeared as Yuno walked further into the mountain. Snow-covered the path as it continued to fall and the winds began to howl as a storm began rolling across the sky. Yuno shivered as the wind stole the warmth from her kimono. Grabbing ahold of the White Dragon Shield, she shielded herself from the icy wind.

She came to a clearing upon the cliffside. A monk statue sat meditatively gazing at the frozen oceanside below. An Ember knight stood below the statue. The knight wore blackened steel armor, a sword hung at his hip. The knight looked up at the monk statue, with a few unheard words he began pissing on the base of the statue.

"What are you doing?" Yuno burst forward to confront the knight.

The man quickly stepped forward with a short sword drawn.

"And who are you?" The knight questioned.

He smelled of alcohol and blood. Yuno felt her hand subconsciously slip to her blade.

" Kill the fool who dares step in our path." Whispered Kyros.

Yuno taken back from the Kyros' demand, tripped backward, pulling the sword from its sheath and wildly swinging the blade as she fell. A blast of vorpal wind cut through the air and split the head of the statue of the monk. The knight stepped forward sensing a weak opponent. He slashed Yuno as she fumble on the ground with her large shield and sword.