Coming Together

Punctuation Key:

"Spoken dialogue"

'Quoting'

*Action*

Emphasis

Internal thoughts/talking to Ciel

[[Ciel talking]]

{{Thought Communication}}

I also have a discord server for discussion, questions, suggestions, or whatever. https://discord.gg/SVkTU2CQ2s

Rimuru POV

"Here is your tea, my Lord," Diablo says, as polite as ever with me, maybe even a little more than usual. He's probably trying to overcompensate for his mistake if I were to guess.

"Thank you, Diablo," I reply.

He places the tea on my bedside table and gives a graceful bow.

"Is there anything else I can provide for you, my Lord?" he asks, displaying the sparkle in his eye that he has whenever he is expecting orders from me.

"That will be all," I say, dismissing him with a wave of my hand.

"Very well. Good night, my Lord." Diablo says back, looking a little disappointed.

"Good night."

Once Diablo is out of the room, I faceplant on the bed, quite literally melting into goo.

Relaaaxing...

After a couple of minutes spent lazing like this, I pull myself together into my usual round form and spit out my diary.

Over the years it's grown to be thousands of pages long, but thanks to a spatial magic enchantment from Ciel, it doesn't get any thicker as I add more pages. The entries have been rather sparse in the months leading up to my arrival in the Netherworld, but since then it's been quite an effort to maintain this diary, there's just been so much to write about!

It's not really necessary for me to write anything down for the sake of record-keeping since I have perfect memory, but I enjoy the self-reflection aspect of it and also find it fun. It's just a nice little pass-time I've kept up over the years, nothing else.

As I often did with the lengthier and more notable entries, I give this one a special first page, with decorated silver borders and a fancy title.

I title it Reversal of Character, written in dark cerulean ink, and tapping my quill along the margins of the page I add some dark feathers raining down. The enchanted quill I'm writing with is very convenient for this; just by thinking about it, I can change the ink I'm using, shape the ink flowing from the quill into illustrations, and even pull ink back out of the paper. It was a present from Diablo, and it had made writing a lot more fun, inspiring me to write in a way I wouldn't have thought to do otherwise. I still don't know where or how he got it though...

Having done the frivolous but fun decoration of the first page, I begin to write about how my first experience of the day was being picked up by a crying Sullivan, and I press the quill down on the next page to add a simple illustration of the absurd scene.

[[You've drawn yourself in your 14-year-old form, you were in your 5-year-old form at the time, Master.]]

Ciel, not wanting me to gloss over that specific detail, decided to point out my little ret-con of the situation.

I don't wanna draw myself being held like a little kid!

[[It's not as if anyone else will read this diary and see how cute and adorable you look, Master.]]